The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for Engine bay pictures in HD

JMB

how would you know if the engine was j-spec and not uk? surely the log book would match up with the engine number

Things the JSpec doesn't have such as resistor pack for the injectors, the egr for EU emissions and can't see any ducting for the stock scoop either. But if the engine number has been changed on the log book then that won't help, have you checked the engine number or HPI checked it Josh to see if it has had an engine swap?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things the JSpec doesn't have such as resistor pack for the injectors, the egr for EU emissions and can't see any ducting for the stock scoop either. But if the engine number has been changed on the log book then that won't help, have you checked the engine number or HPI checked it Josh to see if it has had an engine swap?

As it was singled previously, I'm not all that sure what should be there. The scoop was removed when Si singled it, and he lost it AFAIK. I haven't checked the engine number or HPI checked it, but I'm beginning to think I should.

I'd be disappointed to find out the engine had been changed, but I don't see a reason as to why it wouldn't have been. I'll check the engine number against details I have and see what the deal is.

Cheers dude :)

does this make it a hybrid? :D

Thats a uk with the old single tiny turbo on it but compared to josh i have the resister pack on the top on suspension

The only suspension strut I can see if the drivers side one on yours, and there's the black box in front and behind it. On my picture, the one in front is there, but the one behind isn't in the shot.

I'll check the differences when I get home later.

What stress! lol :D

On nearside josh black grill on suspension turret i believe is resistor pack as i wanted strut brace and was told wed have to move it ,only on uk cars.its the gloss black metal grill on the left of the two red wires as you look at picture

Ah, I see it now. I guess I'll have to have a look at this to see what's happened, and find out what's going on.

Ah, I see it now. I guess I'll have to have a look at this to see what's happened, and find out what's going on.

oh dear, as long as your happy josh thats all that is important!

oh dear, as long as your happy josh thats all that is important!

Yeah definitely, I just don't like knowing what parts are fitted, and if I have inferior injectors in there which have been changed from stock, that's not a good thing.

Is there any way to tell (easily) which injectors are fitted. As well, is there an obvious difference with the UK spec and J-spec ECUs, so I can tell at that end, too?

Cheers.

would it not be easier speaking to bignum? i take it it was him you purchased it from, if anyone knows it will be him, if he did all the work himself

I did ask, but he was unsure about a few things.

I'd probably prefer to check it all myself now, to be sure :)

Yeah definitely, I just don't like knowing what parts are fitted, and if I have inferior injectors in there which have been changed from stock, that's not a good thing.

Is there any way to tell (easily) which injectors are fitted. As well, is there an obvious difference with the UK spec and J-spec ECUs, so I can tell at that end, too?

Cheers.

the easy way to tell would be if you have the resistor pack as you cant run the uk ones without it, unless they replaced them with some upgraded drop in high imp ones?

P1010248.jpg

and i know mine has either a maf or map senser just after the airfilter as i believe uks wont run without these either as had loads of grief with having pipes made.

if you look carefully next to the overtightened hks filter,thats the senser uks need to run and resistor pack is easier to see on this original pic of car when bought it

Edited by perpy1878 (see edit history)

the easy way to tell would be if you have the resistor pack as you cant run the uk ones without it, unless they replaced them with some upgraded drop in high imp ones?

He did say there were upgraded injectors, but after a discussion on here a while ago, it appears that with no management (piggyback ECU at least), the car would overfuel a lot, which it isn't.

He did say there were upgraded injectors, but after a discussion on here a while ago, it appears that with no management (piggyback ECU at least), the car would overfuel a lot, which it isn't.

Thats a wierd one then, maybe they refitted a smaller resistor pack in a hidden location, so its more out of sight than the stock location, maybe

So could 550cc injectors (high imp ones) be fitted surely that wouldnt cause overfuelling as thats whats fitted the the uk anyway?

Thats a wierd one then, maybe they refitted a smaller resistor pack in a hidden location, so its more out of sight than the stock location, maybe

So could 550cc injectors (high imp ones) be fitted surely that wouldnt cause overfuelling as thats whats fitted the the uk anyway?

Not sure really, hopefully someone that knows about injectors will be along shortly.

Poor Josh! so basically you now have a jspec with uk spec bonnet?

Well I highly highly doubt it's a J-spec, as there are receipts for everything, the first purchase of the car, when Si purchased it all those years ago, and everything else is UK spec (interior, dashboard, dildos etc.) apart from some stuff in the engine bay.