Neil's ICE build now with pics

neil

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If i was you i would only use 1 15" alpine type r u have. With the 1 amp to power it and one amp to power the front end. Not only to you need huge amounts of airspace to run one 15" sub let alone the six you have. Plus how are you going to wire them up? You would need one big powerfull amp to power 6 subs and then also deal with ohms law? And a huge amp means more batteries more heavy gauge wires, split charge setup and a bigger alternator. Have you thought it through? Speak to a high end car audio shop and get some advice.

Jeeez.... Maybe he just wants it to look crazy! Who cares if the boxes arent the right size to get maximum from them.

I did the same with the ute... I was told the same and they were right.. The boxes are too small for the subs... But the way its set up absolutley kicks! Much louder than i can listen too it!

My 2 x 15s behind the seats...

Good Luck m8 I thought I was bad trying to get a 12" in the boot with enough room for amps and the rest of the stuff. I might reconsider and get a 15 if you manage to get all that lot in. Are you thinking of taking the back seats out????

No mate back seats are staying in :)

And thanks guys :)

really?

Good work fella! Interested to see what it looks like once done :)

id have cut the first piece of mdf on top in one not a patch on the end ,

The sony xplod range is utter c**p and may as well go in the bin,

i couldnt have all a mix of brands tbh...

love a chavtastic supra all the best with the build hope you pull off the install fella

really?

id have cut the first piece of mdf on top in one not a patch on the end ,

The sony xplod range is utter c**p and may as well go in the bin,

i couldnt have all a mix of brands tbh...

love a chavtastic supra all the best with the build hope you pull off the install fella

The sonys are for sizing as gona put alpine in there place once I find a nice set

No my cup of tea but i admire the work involved and admire the big ICE installs people do at shows.... im a boring window down and listen to my engine/exhaust person

Ive already done all this before so it bores the hell out of me too, im just wondering how all thats gunno stay together? :think:

Ive already done all this before so it bores the hell out of me too, im just wondering how all thats gunno stay together? :think:

Going to be using a fleas and resin to make it and sectioning each sub off

Nos bottle has had to be moved to in between the back seats :)

Nothing wrong with that rob you love your engine :)

Those subs are going to be stupid close to the window. I'd make sure you don't give it the bass beans unless the boot is open ;)

I'm presuming you are going to use MDF to section off the subs? I wouldn't trust fibre glass by itself with all the bass that will produce.

Like rob, I'm not a fan of the extravagant ice builds, but fully respect the work that goes into them. I much prefer something subtle, like my twin 10" subs sunk into the floor of the boot.

Looking good mate.

I love a good ICE install. IMO, a good quality sound system makes a car. I couldn't have a car without 1.

Keep up the good work bro.

Bit of a tip for you when you skin the install. Use a furry picnic blanket and stretch it over your frame. Use spray glue to stick it down but leave it a little saggy. Then lash loads of fibreglass resin all over it. After that start applying layers of fibreglass.

I love a good ICE install. IMO, a good quality sound system makes a car. I couldn't have a car without 1.

Keep up the good work bro.

Bit of a tip for you when you skin the install. Use a furry picnic blanket and stretch it over your frame. Use spray glue to stick it down but leave it a little saggy. Then lash loads of fibreglass resin all over it. After that start applying layers of fibreglass.

Never knew that. I always thought it had to be tight to hold the shape.

A fibre glass install is something I want to do at some point, but need the time.

Never knew that. I always thought it had to be tight to hold the shape.

A fibre glass install is something I want to do at some point, but need the time.

If its tight then when you pile on the fibreglass it's going to distort the shape. If you sag it a little you can build up the shape with the fibreglass. Ideally for a good dense sound you want about 10mm thick of fibreglass..