The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Please - Drop-in Injectors for J-spec BPU++ on Syvecs

Sheefa

Budz - pm me as I may be upgrading to 800's so my sard 650's could be available

Cheers John, deffo interested and as you say, not needing these till Feb/March really. Will have a catch up at BW mate.

Speak to Ryan about injector size, 650cc is enough to support a 61-67mm single turbo, 800cc would be overkill with hybrid turbos, they'd need to be run at low duty levels which could make them difficult to accurately control.

Useful to know this mate, didn't realise that. I assumed the lower the duty the better.

Do you have a list of 650 drop in's by any chance? Only know of Sard and PE so far.

If your going to be running a Syvecs go with PE 800cc drop-ins, also with the PEs you don't need to worry about a resistor pack as they are high impedance, some other drop-ins are low impedance and will require a resistor pack, for me that's something else to go wrong and extra wiring and money ;)

As for rest of fuel system I would leave the stock reg in place, fit a fuel dampener bypass and swap the pump, you could go either Walbro 255, Bosch 044 or the newer larger Walbro, I only have experience of the older 255lph Walbro and the Bosch 044, the Bosch 044 is a large noisy begger but it certainly does the job. The Walbro 255lph pumps have been known to run on motors up to 600hp so will be more than up to the job of your hybrids, plus they are easy to fit without having to mod the pump hanger :D

about the size on a 6 cylinder engine you can use a rule of thumb that 1bhp=1cc flow from the injector that is at 100% duty cycle using normal fuelpressure. So in other words 650 injectors=650bhp @ 100% duty cycle and so on. you dont want to be to cheap on the tollerance. injectors are design to run @ 80% duty cycle to get the best mixture. in this modern times its almost "the bigger the better" and its pretty much true as modern injectors are well designed and still provide good mixture even at low duty%. Injectors dont usually cost more the "bigger" they are, mostly pretty much the same price (unless you are going WAY bigger then what the regular market is providing) i don't see any disadvantage to use 800cc over 650cc. (unless your mapper says a certain brand is verry hard to map on low load and medium load)

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

If your going to be running a Syvecs go with PE 800cc drop-ins, also with the PEs you don't need to worry about a resistor pack as they are high impedance, some other drop-ins are low impedance and will require a resistor pack, for me that's something else to go wrong and extra wiring and money ;)

As for rest of fuel system I would leave the stock reg in place, fit a fuel dampener bypass and swap the pump, you could go either Walbro 255, Bosch 044 or the newer larger Walbro, I only have experience of the older 255lph Walbro and the Bosch 044, the Bosch 044 is a large noisy begger but it certainly does the job. The Walbro 255lph pumps have been known to run on motors up to 600hp so will be more than up to the job of your hybrids, plus they are easy to fit without having to mod the pump hanger :D

Cheers Wez and thanks for the advice. Don't you mean the Walbro 400 or 450 though pal? Isn't the 255 the smaller type fit for max of BPU only?

I spoke to Lee who thinks upgrading now whilst I'll be on BPU for a while might be a bit too much. The pump could do with a change certainly, but maybe leave the injectors for now. I am negotiating on some drop in high imp 650s so you never know :)

Whifbitz do the dampener bypass for £70 so that's all good.

FYI - looked at flow tested and most reputable UK companies clean and test at £12-£15 per injector. With VAT and Postage on top you're looking at between £90-£110.

Would there ever be a need to flow test NEW injectors? Surely it's a good safety measure too?

Thanks all and yes Imi will look at flow testing for sure if SH, not worth risk otherwise.

Got a few options, just need to speak to Lee about which route to take.

Bloody expensive things arent they!

Don't skimp on parts like these - it works

Out cheaper and more convenient in the long run.