The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going 600bhp using the 2jz-GE.

FOSTA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you I'd fit a TT head gasket and be done. The last thing you want is to finish the car and fall short because you fitted the wrong gasket. Best be safe than sorry. Feel free to call over for a chat if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

And fetch some custard slices ;)

If I were you I'd fit a TT head gasket and be done. The last thing you want is to finish the car and fall short because you fitted the wrong gasket. Best be safe than sorry. Feel free to call over for a chat if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want any more than 600 your need to open it up again. might as well fit TT gasket as well, that way your sorted and beyond if you decide to.

It makes sense, that's why I've got one ready.

If you fit a TT oil pump you can fit the TT crank position sensor and put a cam position sensor on it, and get rid of the old nail of a distributor. What ECU are you running? Are TT valve springs the same as N/A ones on the 2JZ engines, I forget? If not you should use TT ones, for sure. The valves themselves are the same. If you believe that thing REALLY gives a reliable 700 plus BHP you are dreaming, BTW :)

If you fit a TT oil pump you can fit the TT crank position sensor and put a cam position sensor on it, and get rid of the old nail of a distributor. What ECU are you running? Are TT valve springs the same as N/A ones on the 2JZ engines, I forget? If not you should use TT ones, for sure. The valves themselves are the same. If you believe that thing REALLY gives a reliable 700 plus BHP you are dreaming, BTW :)

I'm sure they are the same springs Chris.

I've got about 3 sets in the shed lol.

So what would I need to do the the engine to get me 600bhp that's reliable? Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I will dude, but if I can't get custard slices I'll bring hob nobs and you will have to make do! Lol :p

When I go standalone I'm going coils. Much better control over ignition. I wouldn't consider trying to use the dizzy for 600 though people have claimed to do it. Plus do you run a 4-3" reducer on your intake?

Yep I'm wanting to change to coils also.

yup they swap straight in. you'd probably be able to use an intake cam as you are, as it's the exhaust cam that uses the dizzy running gear.

i've always wanted the awesome lope on idle so was aiming for 272 at least. but i think it's a more sensible idea to stay with 264 as the power band will move too far out of reach and unless you change your rod's it won't be any benifit as your rpm won't have much movement against stock.