Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic Install.....

Syvecs S6GP is £1560 - Purchase from Syvecs

Loom adaptor is £175 - Purchase from Syvecs

Knock sensor £35 - Purchase from Syvecs

Boost solenoid £40 -Purchase from Syvecs

3bar map sensor £70 - Not need for NA-T

Mapping £350 -£450 depending on features - NA-T will be £350 which is all done on dyno

Includes:

Launch control

Antitheft Mode

Valet Mode

Adjustable boost

Adjustable maps

Safety trips

Onboard logging

Nitrous setup

Etc

Extras..... Not necessary

Traction control wiring and setup £75

Wideband Lambda sensor for Closed loop lambda £160

Fuel pressure sensor monitoring £60

Oil pressure sensor monitoring £85

So about £2000 plus mapping. Seems worth it to know the engine's safe, especially if Ryan maps it.

If/when I go single, I'd make sure I had the money for a Syvecs.

I would obviously like the best I can buy for my money, but its gone from a remap, to a new standalone, to a top premium product. Still unsure where I'll go from here.

What ECU / piggyback you running at the moment, cant see it listed in your build thread.

I would obviously like the best I can buy for my money, but its gone from a remap, to a new standalone, to a top premium product. Still unsure where I'll go from here.

what has changed for you wanting a remap,times are hard for everyone dont get bullied into something that you dont want or need

What ECU / piggyback you running at the moment, cant see it listed in your build thread.

Emanage Ultimate

what has changed for you wanting a remap,times are hard for everyone dont get bullied into something that you dont want or need

I think I had a stock ECU error when I went for mapping with Ryan originally. A few weeks after mapping the car kept running lean until I reset the ECU and everything went rich. I've changed from 2.5" intercooling piping to 3" with a much larger intercooler. I've ditched the 3" downpipe and 2.5" exhaust system for a 4" downpipe/midpipe and 4.5" exhaust.

I also had it mapped on 95ron, not the best idea I know, Ryan did explain this was a mistake but I still pushed 373.

Also, the boost controller failed on the dyno. Epic failure. Though it wouldn't of made a huge difference as it wasn't running properly anyway.

For a while I checked the ignition when I returned, the car didn't run properly for ages I swapped parts and had white tip spark plugs and all sorts. Disconnected the battery and it seemed to go back to the standard it was when I first had it dyno'ed.

Installing an AFR gauge showed it was running very rich. I took some advice and removed the smallest amount of fuel from the RPM range that was worst affected. This stopped the misfire, and pointed me towards the fact I need a remap.

The car clearly was't in the best condition or prepared for a piggy back tune. I'd flooded the engine days before with a loose hose from the TB on top of the engine. This I think may have contributed to some issues snow balling to affecting the dyno day. Ryan did try his best with the poor running engine and a failed boost controller, it just wasn't my day as someone drove into me leaving whifbitz garage wrecking my rear bumper moments before getting it mapped.

A remap was always on the cards, my dyno print out shows how hectic the power comes in on boost. The curve is strong until the misfire, I think the stock ECU just didn't want to play. Maybe there is still issues with ignition, I've had no more white plugs though.

Either way, I've expanded flow to and from the engine and I'd like to see how well it can do. With 440cc injectors Im sure it has lots of potential even with stock compression.

I'm fitting alot of new cosmetic stuff and having bits sprayed so this is the last thing on the list and then it's done for a while as I build the new engine and spend some time enjoying it. Im in no rush for power, but it's always nice to have targets!

I will need a new ecu or a remap of the old one in the next couple of months. Still undecided.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)