The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let's talk AEM ECU's

Noz

Im so glad that it doesn't matter what I buy for my car, if it's not plated with Gold it gets slated. Its NA, with an XS turbo, and a Happy Shopper AEM ECU in the pipeline, I might as well scrap it. Maybe I'm looking for something in my price range I don't want to re-morgage when I can do it for less for what I want out of my car.

How much is the AEM ? and how much to map ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is a link to 5 very special Supra's and just happens that the words fastest supra supports AEM EMS, and there is one more on the list with AEM, sencond most popular is Motec..

http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_1010_5_greatest_toyota_supras/viewall.html

You can get a megasquirt to work on a supra as well, doesnt mean there is not a better solution, its like carillo rods, they have been the rod of choice for years, doesnt mean there arent better rods that may even be cheaper.

have run AEM v1 on my car since 2007 .. never had issues BUT it can have trouble to catch the idle when the air-con kicks in ;( dont die just rolling in the idle .. the new AEM v2 is nice and the software is much nicer than the v1 ...

dont know how user friendly the syvecs / motec is ..

the AEM and VEMS have a nice autotune systems

but again its all down to the tuner and what he is use to .. and sure want at RyanG map on a syvecs any day !!:D

you said the AEM sensors are crap because it uses OEM. whats the point in paying extra for syvecs just to have no improved sensors? might as well just use AEM?

I've spent loads getting bit's resprayed and new exhaust setup wasn't cheap and it need fabircating as well as it's a bigger system than my dp/mp. There's loads Ive bought lately, I just don't think I can justify 2.5k on an ECU. Even second hand, Im looking at 2k and that's if I have short cuts, choosing AEM was a short cut and I got flamed. Rather spend the difference between syvecs and AEM on better sensors for the EMS v2.

you said the AEM sensors are crap because it uses OEM. whats the point in paying extra for syvecs just to have no improved sensors? might as well just use AEM?

I've spent loads getting bit's resprayed and new exhaust setup wasn't cheap and it need fabircating as well as it's a bigger system than my dp/mp. There's loads Ive bought lately, I just don't think I can justify 2.5k on an ECU. Even second hand, Im looking at 2k and that's if I have short cuts, choosing AEM was a short cut and I got flamed. Rather spend the difference between syvecs and AEM on better sensors for the EMS v2.

I dont see you getting flamed dude, you came on and asked for advice and opinions, personally I would go for Nods advice and go for a Link, they are a very good ecu and youll get one for under 500 easy, weve fitted and mapped loads of em on some quite serious race cars.

So how much for a Syvec's install and map Ryan :) ?

Basic Install.....

Syvecs S6GP is £1560 - Purchase from Syvecs

Loom adaptor is £175 - Purchase from Syvecs

Knock sensor £35 - Purchase from Syvecs

Boost solenoid £40 -Purchase from Syvecs

3bar map sensor £70 - Not need for NA-T

Mapping £350 -£450 depending on features - NA-T will be £350 which is all done on dyno

Includes:

Launch control

Antitheft Mode

Valet Mode

Adjustable boost

Adjustable maps

Safety trips

Onboard logging

Nitrous setup

Etc

Extras..... Not necessary

Traction control wiring and setup £75