The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra RSP 1998 Rebuild "The Blue Beast"

JasonR24

Yea it's a shame mate but unfortunately like iv said before unfortunately I went for a nicer looking place but it didnt stop the scum from also buying. Shame really.

I kept the auto in the end! I decided that I don't mind the box and in the future if I kept it (rests mainly on promotion) whether I would go single or get a 6 speed. One of two choices. Would no doubt end up six speed!

And listy in regards to making noise I'd love to but they don't care, the car would suffer for it or they would make more noise and make it difficult to sell the place :( bad times...

Ill keep you updated and hopefully ill find a way to move and keep the car now that would be a dream come true!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to here jason, as I know you truly love supras. Before and if you sell mate let me know. But please work something out and keep her.

Yea I would love to mate, it's all money unfortunately :( and to keep it is have to stay living in a place that is really bringing me down :( thanks for the support though guys :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Ok small update!

I will be putting the spoiler on!

End of update.... :D lol

Only joking its pretty much done now just the wiring. There may be an issue as its all auto running gear but the engine loom and dash loom are manual... And the job to change it is a PITA!!!

Anyone know the deal with this setup?

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Ok small update!

I will be putting the spoiler on!

End of update.... :D lol

Only joking never urging is pretty much done now just the wiring. There may be an issue as its all auto running gear but the engine loom and dash loom are manual... And the job to change it is a PITA!!!

Anyone know the deal with this setup?

Not sure about the loom, but I do know you'll need a UK auto ECU I believe :S or a standalone to be able to controller the Autobox I think.

Not sure about the loom, but I do know you'll need a UK auto ECU I believe :S or a standalone to be able to controller the Autobox I think.

Yea I have a UK auto ecu, auto UK gearbox ecu too. Literally just the loom that's the manual bit but am now not sure if it will start :-/ I hope it will!

Yea I have a UK auto ecu, auto UK gearbox ecu too. Literally just the loom that's the manual bit but am now not sure if it will start :-/ I hope it will!

Nope

Lots of connectors for the Auto gearbox will be missing. There's a chance it will start, but it will not drive. PM me, I have an auto loom and need to convert it to manual. Providing your one is not fooked then we could do a swap... would save me having to cut an auto one to pieces.

James

Nope

Lots of connectors for the Auto gearbox will be missing. There's a chance it will start, but it will not drive. PM me, I have an auto loom and need to convert it to manual. Providing your one is not fooked then we could do a swap... would save me having to cut an auto one to pieces.

James

Sounds good mate. Ill see about taking it out!

Is that the loom for the engine or the one that goes into the dash/interior? I think I'll need both :(

• 1 month later...

Thought id do an update with this!

So since the last time i posted everything bar the interior well half of it anyway is fitted to the car. went to fit the shifter and it wouldnt plug in as its a non facelift shifter on a facelift loom.... so i set about sourcing one of these straight away.

Thank god for this forum is all i can say, glad im a lifetime member (yes youre stuck with me :D)

So Darren (wile e coyote) kindly offered his rare as rocking horse poo shifter to me and now it lives in my car :) it fits perfectly. Then the moment of truth was the car getting started at the garage which i wasnt there for unfortuneately :( needless to say my luck hasnt improved much as it wont start :( thinking its the clifford alarm system but really not sure. Will be heading to the garage later if i get time from work to sort this mess and get it driving! these cliffords are always a pain, i remember on my NA it was wired into everything!

My target is to get this sorted for the anniversary meet! so less than 2 weeks! if its not done this week then i can go over next week during the day as im on nights, ill be knackered but oh well! ill post a picture of the rear with the lights in and that trial rear end!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376377663.997587.jpg

My connection

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376377681.299079.jpg

Connection that was on the UK spec shifter!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376377717.240477.jpg

Car ATM :)

My plan in the future is for facelift lights and the rear fog mod which should be getting done soon.

I also want to fit UK spec brakes and go BPU but I've got to get the Valve Stem Seals doing. Which may get done before the anniversary meet but looking doubtful as the guy is really busy!

Nice project.

Almost 5 months without pics ... that's not serious though :D

That's true! I would have had more pictures if I was still in my old job but I don't have time to do a lot in this one! Ill have many pictures up when it's done. Hopefully getting a mate with a decent camera to do some good pictures too!

• 2 months later...

So thought I would just post here that this project is now on its way to another member. Who can feel free to take over this project thread or link it to show where its come from. It's going to a good home and its a shame I never got to finish it.

I may post up a thread on the story of what's happened behind the scenes but am still consulting with professional mechanics about what has happened. (FYI, RobD and his mate Jon from Bottisham Garage in Cambridge are con artists)

Thanks guys and I hope to get a supra in the future even if its an NA again but first I'm going to move somewhere more suitable for a supra rather than an apartment! :)