The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra RSP 1998 Rebuild "The Blue Beast"

JasonR24

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...looking good mate!

Were you not inclined to powdercoated the diff etc prior to fitting!? Think I'm getting a little OCD!?lol

Have completely run out of funds unfortunately once the loans paid of and I'm on higher wage ill think about stripping bits off again and becoming super OCD lol literally want a mint engine bay and underneath of the car too. So everything painted again and everything carbon/shiny :D but obviously this is a few years yet :) still buying little bits here and there just to get it fixed up ATM!

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Would like you guys opinion on whether it would be better with or without a spoiler. I think it is better with the stock spoiler but not sure!

With: [ATTACH]164646[/ATTACH]

I would put the spoiler back on mate i think they look bare assed without a spoiler, good too see your getting there :thumbs:

Cheers guys! Appreciate the comments. It's getting there slowly need mounts made up for the intercooler and fixings which I can't seem to get hold of! 3 torque bolts, spoiler bolts and banjo bolts with washers... Just can't get them. Will ring Keron tomorrow but failed through pm several times and over phone twice :(

Do you have a pic of the bolts you need

I don't unfortunately, ill try and get some. The bolts are the the ones that hold the spoiler on, the ones that go on the brake hoses? Rob said banjo bolts with the copper washer and also 3 torque converter bolts.. I do also need caliper bolts (ones that attach the calipers to the car) for all corners. Might have these sorted but could always use the spares as the ones I get may be crap. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What's the latest buddy

Hey bud, thanks for the reminder :D yea it's coming along. Engine needs wiring up still. Should be done April some time :) but unfortunately I might need to sell it :( reason being is that I'm sick of where I live, literally live next to unreasonable, noisy, inconsiderate scum. If anything changes and I don't sell then I'd be ecstatic!

I can't wait to take it out for the first time, although I know it'll make it that much harder! I was a wreck when my NA drove away lol

Hey bud, thanks for the reminder :D yea it's coming along. Engine needs wiring up still. Should be done April some time :) but unfortunately I might need to sell it :( reason being is that I'm sick of where I live, literally live next to unreasonable, noisy, inconsiderate scum. If anything changes and I don't sell then I'd be ecstatic!

I can't wait to take it out for the first time, although I know it'll make it that much harder! I was a wreck when my NA drove away lol

Wow so good and bad news in that last post, seems to be the way things are these days buddy, having a nice item is not really an option with the mindset of certain members of the community. hopefully you keep her for a little while to enjoy your effort, but I can understand that seeing her damaged/vandalised would not be ideal either.

What way did you go with the transmission, did you stick with Auto or go W58?