Somethings wrong with my N/A!!!!

Jamesc183

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well she pushed 219hp on the dyno and on paper the civic tyre R (2.0 litre that looks like a bread van not the 185hp corsa thing) they are quicker 0 to 60 than the NA supra so add 15 years to that. Your mates civic must of been running rough or you have a good decent engine.

My little na isn't down on power anymore though mate :) I'm just below 400hp. Good little NA!

Sounds like a very complex NA project. Have you dyno-ed the car after all these mods ? Really curios on the power output.

I know mate, but for me a Supra isn't a Supra without the sound of the Turbo I6, it's just my fantasy lol

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get yours running boost. But if I could do it again I'd just buy one already done. Your end up paying someone for their knowledge and that's the costly part.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Some people (very special ones) think that N/A Supra can race everything on the road apart from well known sports cars... Our N/A's was very fast comparing to many in 90's but they never been on top of the list therefore we can afford them today.

Its not only about the speed its also about the look. I bought my Supra because of the look and the way she stands out everywhere and when I was parking I was doing the same speed as one of my exfriends 1991 nearly 400bhp Ferrari Testarossa(which cost him £60k+)! My Supra looked nuts and his car looked just fine. You all sound like its embarrassing to own N/A and the only embarrassing is that person who can't understand fact of power and ability of sports car from 90' you can buy it today for even less then £4k. If you want a fast Supra then you need to spend a bit more and you still will be struggling with some new light cars on motorway. I Love my Supra and I don't care if its N/A , TT, NHS or ZZTOP...My Supra its a sports car I can afford, love to drive and look at her and because of that I'm a proud owner, why you aren't?!!!!!

Nice little NA, Like it :). And have very good engine been told by few people who been in mine who also have supras that mine pulls very hard, do have dyno printout from last owner saying car was 253bhp dont know how true that is i unsure of that figure as i reckon 230 - 240 max mine must be, also got mate with skyline running 297bhp and he can only pull car lenght on me and at santa pod only beat me .4 of second. so i do believe have very good n/a engine in mine

On an n/a the cars weight can be an issue but as Said above the look of the car says it all it doesn't have to be quicker than other cars on the road that are driven by people with no imagination. Let them drive their fiestas ad saxos. The supra is an iconic car at the end of the day if you want to rag it against fiestas buy a turbo and stop whinging that it's down on power.

Some people (very special ones) think that N/A Supra can race everything on the road apart from well known sports cars... Our N/A's was very fast comparing to many in 90's but they never been on top of the list therefore we can afford them today.

Its not only about the speed its also about the look. I bought my Supra because of the look and the way she stands out everywhere and when I was parking I was doing the same speed as one of my exfriends 1991 nearly 400bhp Ferrari Testarossa(which cost him £60k+)! My Supra looked nuts and his car looked just fine. You all sound like its embarrassing to own N/A and the only embarrassing is that person who can't understand fact of power and ability of sports car from 90' you can buy it today for even less then £4k. If you want a fast Supra then you need to spend a bit more and you still will be struggling with some new light cars on motorway. I Love my Supra and I don't care if its N/A , TT, NHS or ZZTOP...My Supra its a sports car I can afford, love to drive and look at her and because of that I'm a proud owner, why you aren't?!!!!!

This reminded me of an event back in 2008, when i bought my Supra from the UK. I was on the motorway heading back to Dover, it was quite congested and i drove a few miles next to a lone gent in a Ferrari 360. Both cars were red. I noticed he was quite stunned of the Supra, staring at the car continuously. Supras are indeed a thing of beauty and i am really proud i can own such a car, even if it is only a NA.

This reminded me of an event back in 2008, when i bought my Supra from the UK. I was on the motorway heading back to Dover, it was quite congested and i drove a few miles next to a lone gent in a Ferrari 360. Both cars were red. I noticed he was quite stunned of the Supra, staring at the car continuously. Supras are indeed a thing of beauty and i am really proud i can own such a car, even if it is only a NA.

Well said mate.

All of this.

Well, except I don't have a Supra yet. But still...this. I'd rather an N/A Supra over any other car bar a turbo Supra.