The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics from Family Road Trip (plus GT86 Review!)

ellis

I think it's a car with potential. The looks aren't 100% for me but, with a few subtle styling mods (and, of course, a cracking set of alloys), this car could grow on me. Needs a 2.5 turbocharged engine in there though, minimum. Anything heavier though would probably really compromise the weight distribution and subsequently the handling.

• 2 weeks later...

The GTR moved the game on in terms of performance, , interior design, technology, handling, styling (although not to everyones taste).

The GT86 is certainly not about outright performance - has it however moved the game on in any other respect?

To me it seems like a Hyndai Coupe..

Great wrote up on the GT86, as you said it was never going to be something you would want to trade your Supra for but it seems a nice little sports car... Maybe after a year they will stick the 2.5 Subaru engine in there if they sell well

Great pic of your Supra outside the Toyota dealership! I will have to do that some day

EJ25 with a VF22 turbo and the gearing of an Impreza RA - Could be a pretty mental little machine!

Ellis, you're cousin has the same wheels as you now! It's not cool. So now you have no option but to swap with me!! :eyebrows:

And E46 M3's are slow. The Supra should absolutely demolish it. My E36 M3 Evo kills them! :)

And E46 M3's are slow. The Supra should absolutely demolish it. My E36 M3 Evo kills them! :)

My 100% stock Supra TT6 couldn't pull away from my mates stock e46 M3. I now own both, and while I prefer my Supra, speedwise there's nothing between them. I would say the supra feels quicker, less sound proofing, more road noise etc.

Mine's been for sale for months. Apparently nobody wants a 4 door. So it's going to the body shop on tuesday and getting minted, then will readvertise it. But it's an awesome bit of kit, comfy, stupidly fast and a little bit of a street sleeper.

I saw a GT86 at my local toyota in gilesgate, Durham, it looked awesome it had a big twin exit exhaust, flared arches (didnt look like the stock ones) and big wheels, it still had the white transport sticky cover on the bonnet and roof, il go down tomorow after work and get a picture of it, it looked very good.