Things to do for regional events days/nights  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Things to do for regional events days/nights

• Pubs for a beer
    • Go karting + beer
    • Paintballing+ beer
    • Clay pigeon shooting then been
    • Did I mention beers?

If people could start a list of who would be up for this once a month and give your location and how far you are willing to travel that would be a great help and then I can get some ideas up for places to go ect and the more ideas and places the merrier, possibly even ideas for dates so it doesn't coincide with other local meets people like to attend causing them to flame out too would be good.

I was thinking about starting this off as having a few pub meets (seems to be the most popular choice) for a beer and chit chat and it would be helpful if we can get more likewise meets going in another area to our group and then join with them possibly for nights out somewhere and a bigger gathering in a few random cities or towns and the fun of a convoy to these places followed by a nice sip when we get there.

If this pans out well I suggest after a while we pull dodgey Rog up on his idea of a Weymouth meet as he seemed to think a few of the lads from the west would be up for it and have a large meet followed by a night out down there, I was looking at the events organisers rules and frankly I would be crud at sorting out accommodation and things like that but it cant be that hard to find our own places to stay with some arranged meeting points or contact numbers so we can all catch up at some point, I am more than happy to push the ideas with others to get a few gatherings going be it the go karting, A pint, A night out or even meeting somewhere like portsdown hill's burger van followed by a spirited drive :D

If the pub meets could go well I suggest we get a map going of the places we have invaded and see how many we ccan fit in until the idea/novelty fades. if numbers will be good then I will be up for it and we can base the bigger nights ect on numbers so we don't waste our time.

I reckon first meet should be in Sussex area, then come to Essex, then somewhere else etc.

The thing is I think this is why we need to get the numbers/location/distance willing to travel first so it does not alienate people considering it as when myself and a mate went to the bluewater meet it was about a 150 mile round trip that will put many people off depending where they live ect, For me it is easier to meet the people near Portsmouth/ Horsham/Guildford as it is more tailor made for my house and it wont be a massive trek just for a meet but if the only people willing to do this are from the bluewater meet area it somewhat changes things and hence why the best option is to get as many of these going as possible in different areas so that it helps everyone travel wise.

Within reason I don't mind travelling if the numbers are good and if it is a laugh as it makes it worthwhile and it will only be once a month so it is no big deal if I have a longer journey now and then but the more people doing this in other areas consistently will help lead to a better turnout when the area groups meet up for a bigger night out.

The thing is I think this is why we need to get the numbers/location/distance willing to travel first so it does not alienate people considering it as when myself and a mate went to the bluewater meet it was about a 150 mile round trip that will put many people off depending where they live ect, For me it is easier to meet the people near Portsmouth/ Horsham/Guildford as it is more tailor made for my house and it wont be a massive trek just for a meet but if the only people willing to do this are from the bluewater meet area it somewhat changes things and hence why the best option is to get as many of these going as possible in different areas so that it helps everyone travel wise.

Within reason I don't mind travelling if the numbers are good and if it is a laugh as it makes it worthwhile and it will only be once a month so it is no big deal if I have a longer journey now and then but the more people doing this in other areas consistently will help lead to a better turnout when the area groups meet up for a bigger night out.

I think alot of the Bluewater group would be up for this :D - The best thing you can do is just arrange a meeting point that is in the middle of Sussex and Essex and just see what sort of numbers are up for it. That way its sort of in the middle so its an equal route for both :).

I think alot of the Bluewater group would be up for this :D - The best thing you can do is just arrange a meeting point that is in the middle of Sussex and Essex and just see what sort of numbers are up for it. That way its sort of in the middle so its an equal route for both :).

Although I don't mind doing that it is somewhat my point that it would be just catering for one group rather than giving others the chance to join in, I have nothing against just going with the bluewater lot as they seemed an okay bunch (although I have only met a few of you the once) but this might be why numbers are dwindling if only select areas and crowds get the chance to get involved for whatever reason.

Although I don't mind doing that it is somewhat my point that it would be just catering for one group rather than giving others the chance to join in, I have nothing against just going with the bluewater lot as they seemed an okay bunch (although I have only met a few of you the once) but this might be why numbers are dwindling if only select areas and crowds get the chance to get involved for whatever reason.

Its hard to find a place where its easy for everyone to get too

• 3 weeks later...

Just some other ideas for meets is a lot of cars normally meet up for a breakfast club at Goodwood once a month followed by a spirited afterwards, I am not saying go there for the same thing but something similar might be an idea as there's nothing like having a bacon sandwich and a blast in the car to start a Saturday or Sunday.

I was going to wait until after Suprapod before starting to sort out these things but as before if anyone has any ideas or locations then post them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on my knee and the dates for Dodgy Rogs Weymouth meet I am tempted to make the trek down there and wondered on the general interest of a group doing down from the Sussex hampshire area to meet all the people travelling from devon/Exeter direction, I was either suggesting going down for the meet and possibly stopping off at one of the cliff top pubs on the way back like the smugglers in (Good food as well) or staying down there the night and getting hammered.

I saw Rog posted on his meet thread but he is waiting to see what and when Branners is thinking of doing the Dragoncol. I was thinking if we had a few coming from our direction as well we could have quite a large turnout and plus it is a good reason for a large convoy/spirited drive.

Any thoughts on this anyone???