The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Over Heating Ideas? Urgent help needed.

ripped_fear

thermostat has been fitted so has the water pump, and so has a new viscous fan and viscous clutch. Heater matrix has been flushed and water is flowing nicely. and the over heating is persisting. got another new rad cap coming but am a bit stumped. may order a new rad but my one seems to flow when puting a hose in the top.

apart from the headgasket has anyone got any more ideas to try? really need some help

This afternoon we jacked the front of the car up and re-bled the system, engine temperature stayed normal but water got very hot, some air came out and then the car coughed and now sounds like its missing, sounds like the exhaust has fallen off

what do you guys reckon?

Just bite the bullet Jake and buy that tt enigine thats on ebay, its seems after everything you have changed it must be something internal, have you checked the core plugs etc on my merc cossie the core plugs were intact but one was loose (one edge had pushed out a little bit) maybe worth checking if you havnt allready? thats if the 2jz has them?

i havent checked that but I'm not sure that the 2JZ GE engine has them, can anyone confirm this?

also after letting the car cool it now runs fine again apart from over heating. as for the TT engine i dont think i will go down this route to be honest, i will probably buy a new one and start over

Chris kindly chipped in on the thread and I have inked SRD to this page on the hope,b but no luck as yet and I cant seem to find a phone number for them. I have Paul's number just haven't had the opportunity to ring as yet. Have spoke to keron though before the work was carried out and he was very helpful, he suggested a possible waterpump problem but this has been changed now.

ive just sorted fitz supra out. i think i found the cause of his hg problem. one of the matrix hoses near the bulkhead had a small weep. so was losing water there and also drawing in air....you dont always see the water drop onto the floor as the pipes are very hot, the water evaporates as soon as it leaks. have a good look around the 2 rear water pipes from the engine to bulkhead...

With over heating issues a number of different problems could cause the same symptoms. I'd try and fix the problem instead of swapping the engine. When mine was running too lean I considered it instead of going through all the sensors, but turned out to be a simple fix. Keep your chin up dude, and keep hunting, your get there in the end.

Go buy a TT isn't a way to solve this problem.

ok cheers Keron I will check this out tonight when I'm back with the car, do you reckon this could cause the same problems as I'm experiencing then?

hopefully...also check the core plug on the back of the water pump housing as these fail and corrode too. common on na's

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!

since the day it blew alot of air out of the syestem and and started to run weird i havent used it apart from to move it a few feet. Today put another rad cap on this time a stock one, and the problem SEEMS to have stopped, not getting my hopes up just yet but its worked fine today and i took it for a bit of a drive!!!!:ecstatic::ecstatic::ecstatic:

think the one i bought on dragonball may have been a duf one. fingers crossed.