The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Mini meet

Josh42

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. That's almost 70 miles away from me. Which is almost a full tank of fuel there and back for me which is getting on for 90 quid. Assuming we spend a couple of hours minimum. Say 3 then I wouldn't be home till 11pm

Home late and spending over 100 quid when I'm trying to save isn't great :p

Meets are best arranged at lunchtime iv found.

If you think that how will you cope on dragonball next year !!

True, true. The Chinese place in Lichfield is only about 40 mins from mine so should be able to make it, if that's the plan.

May I suggest my local pub? :p

Speaking as an ex events organiser, the Midlands region is massive, you're never going to find somewhere that is local to everyone.

There is a fair bit of interest in this thread, it may be best to hold 2-3 mini-region events. I don't mind sorting the Honeybee one, if people want to go for that. If I'm organising then it will be a lunchtime affair though, as I'd want to bring the family along.

Lichfield is good for me, that's only 4 miles away. :D

Lyndon.

Maybe those that are closer can buy the food and drinks ;)

I think its best if the OP were to just to set a venue at the start of the thread and put an inviteout. Then people can just say in or not in. Bearing in mind half the in's won't make it then if there is insufficient interest just cancel.

I was saying to Vicki that it's been far too long since I've spoken to the Robsons so I'd be well up for this. (If Burna happens to be there too then I guess we can tolerate that)

Sat or Sunday (lunch) 2nd/3rd would be good for us. Or another weekend after. Just not around the last week of June because we're away then ;)

I was saying to Vicki that it's been far too long since I've spoken to the Robsons so I'd be well up for this. (If Burna happens to be there too then I guess we can tolerate that)

Sat or Sunday (lunch) 2nd/3rd would be good for us. Or another weekend after. Just not around the last week of June because we're away then ;)

I keep saying to the missis we still haven't had you guys round for tea...

We could just have a club BBQ at mine, that would scare the new neighbours. ;)

I keep saying to the missis we still haven't had you guys round for tea...

We could just have a club BBQ at mine, that would scare the new neighbours. ;)

BBQ now were talking, i think its getting out of control there are too many people from too far away wanting to crash our midlands meet so all the people with west midlands in there location should only be aloud to go lol oh and worcestershire steveR.

BBQ now were talking, i think its getting out of control there are too many people from too far away wanting to crash our midlands meet so all the people with west midlands in there location should only be aloud to go lol.

I'd be up for a separate West Mids meet around the Halesowen/Stourbridge area, as there are a few of us about. Quick beer or something :)

Me, the 'Nums, TrickTT and Foxysupra all live within like 5 miles, so there's a few for a quick beer :D

true, thing is midlands is widespread like Steve said and people either cant be arsed or dont want to spend the money. Its a task getting people to shows let alone meets.

Ill just wait to organise the Christmas Hooters meet as its a good afternoon/night and a few attend :)

Wife has told me to sort a Honeybee meet for the 2nd June, think she's keen to meet up with faces old and new - as am I of course! :) New thread coming up...

edit - link below:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270320-Mini-meet-Saturday-lunch-at-the-Honeybee-pub-near-Droitwich-2nd-June

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)