The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BC Racing Vs Tein super streets

Rob_Mitchell

• 4 weeks later...

Rob, how are the BCs doing?

I've just started looking around for some coilovers. Not really considered the BCs until I read this thread. I have been looking at Tein Flex/Mono Flex and HSD HRs (that being said, I have only been looking for a couple of hours, so I've not made any decisions yet). Has anyone else used HSDs? Before reading this I would have assumed they sat between Tein and BC in the market, due to price, but everyone here seems to think the BCs beat the Teins, so now I'm confused!

I use the car for street use only. I don't know exactly what Tein mean by 'advanced street use', but that's what drew me to the Mono Flex simply due to the type of car it is! I am mostly interested in performance, but would like to retain some ride comfort; I don't want the car to become unusably uncomfortable.

A little help here..??

Just purchased some HSD's myself, my supra arrives saturday and will be fitted monday so if you dont mind waiting a week or so i can give you a review :)

That'd be grand :) Just out of interest, what suspension are you taking off? Not that I'm after them, just so I can get an idea of how different you expect them to be.

And Rob, sorry to hijack your thread btw... I assumed as you'd bought yours that you'd finished with everyone else's views :D Tell me if not and I'll naff off.

That'd be grand :) Just out of interest, what suspension are you taking off? Not that I'm after them, just so I can get an idea of how different you expect them to be.

And Rob, sorry to hijack your thread btw... I assumed as you'd bought yours that you'd finished with everyone else's views :D Tell me if not and I'll naff off.

I don't even have the car yet lol! I fetch it tomorrow from Jurgen, however from the underside photos it appears I have REAS suspension, however my last supra had Eibachs and bilsteins :)

I have had more coilover suspension set-up's than hot dinners, I've had Meister R's, Tein Super Street, Tein Flex, BC's, HSD's and Spax.

I personally don't rate the BC's, they feel like they have been set up for a lighter car and there a little 'wallowy', for a budget coilover I wouldn't even have to think about it, it would be the Meister Rs, they are a fantastic piece of kit and really on par with the Tein Flex's.

The Tein's spring compressions are generally not set up right for the road which is why people complain about them being to hard. I have the Tein Flex's with the EDFC at the moment and everyone is always gobsmacked at how well it rides on roads, there is no signs of crashing and it rides so smooth on long journeys(better than stock in my opinion).

I have had more coilover suspension set-up's than hot dinners, I've had Meister R's, Tein Super Street, Tein Flex, BC's, HSD's and Spax.

I personally don't rate the BC's, they feel like they have been set up for a lighter car and there a little 'wallowy', for a budget coilover I wouldn't even have to think about it, it would be the Meister Rs, they are a fantastic piece of kit and really on par with the Tein Flex's.

The Tein's spring compressions are generally not set up right for the road which is why people complain about them being to hard. I have the Tein Flex's with the EDFC at the moment and everyone is always gobsmacked at how well it rides on roads, there is no signs of crashing and it rides so smooth on long journeys(better than stock in my opinion).

Are the super streets as bad as everyone says, they sound unusable on the road and with a very high failure rate?

Are the super streets as bad as everyone says, they sound unusable on the road and with a very high failure rate?

In my opinion the Super Streets are for budget track use only, I had them on a Civic and they were fantastic on smooth roads, but throw bumps into the equation and it didn't respond well it skipped about a bit and felt like I waas going to smash the strut up and through the bonnet, for the road, you need the Flex's. My coilover rating on what I have actually owned and lived with so far go (from best to worst):

Tein Flex

Meister R

HSD

BC's

Tein Super Street

Spax

Only just seen the updates here. Thanks Marc, it's nice to hear from someone who's used loads of different setups!

Any comment on the HSDs? I can see where you've put them in your lineup but you haven't said why..? The MeisterRs and HSDs are only about £50 different in price, assuming I've found the right ones (MeisterRs vs HSDs), so I would expect them to be similar. Well, I would have, until I read this thread.

I was looking at the Teins but they're about twice the price with the EDFC and, as much as I'd love to, I can't spend that much at the moment!

Edited by Kilps (see edit history)

I run BC's and for drifting Im getting a bit too much whats the term, squash, whilst going sideways. Someone told me to put the settings to max hard, they already were so I think I may need something a little stiffer for drifting.

Arent the BC and Meisters supposedly exactly the same ???

Also whilst we're talking geometry, Im not really one for geo settings lol, but anyone know of a good rear geo setting for maximum grip in regards to track for the Supra ?

• 2 weeks later...