The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin turbo or single?

Guest B-Dub

Yep as everyone has said.

If you get a twin turbo that will be more reliable as its a stock thing.

If you buy a single turbo MKIV supra it will be an after market thing, less reliable and more expensive BUT a load more power and alot more fun

Its unlikely you will come across a MKIV Supra with 2 big twins. But it all depends on your budget

£9 - £11 will get you a nice twin turbo with a chance if BPU

£14k+ Will get you a well build single turbo Supra

Hope that helps :)

Yep as everyone has said.

If you get a twin turbo that will be more reliable as its a stock thing.

If you buy a single turbo MKIV supra it will be an after market thing, less reliable and more expensive BUT a load more power and alot more fun

Its unlikely you will come across a MKIV Supra with 2 big twins. But it all depends on your budget

£9 - £11 will get you a nice twin turbo with a chance if BPU

£14k+ Will get you a well build single turbo Supra

Hope that helps :)

a well built single will be more reliable than stock twins. The components are much newer, and far less complicated.

Guest chooch

What about driving style / intended use, where you want your torque to peak, do you want a high rev engine or now - are these not more relevant differences between single and twin turbos. Are the supra twin turbos ball bearing units, with cooling, are they latest gen billet compressors? depending on the turbo, cool down time etc. also play a part in the decision....

Cheers,

Ewan

What about quad-compound charging? :D

Six would be fun. Stupid, but fun.

Quad-pound would be epic. Probably blow the engine into many small pieces though!

Six would be great. I think Owen Developments did a Quad Turbo setup on an EVO engine a while back as an engineering concept. Not sure if it ever ran.

Guest B-Dub

Sorry took so long to reply guys!

Uhh well im 21.. and i've only ever had FWD cars.. at the moment i've got a clio 197

Budget wise isnt that much at the moment in a couple of months i should have around £11000 to play with.. Bearing in mind i need to buy the car & insurance (which i've checked to be roughtly £1100.)

But by they looks of it keeping it simple with the standard twin turbo and then add the bpu to it sounds more than enough fun for someone my age :D