The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The TFT Speedo head project begins.

Nodalmighty

Sweet :D

Can a TFT display fewer values, or perhaps go graphical?

It's a QVGA display so it can do anything (within reason) i can write in software. Dials and Graphs, knock spectrograph and g meter are all on the cards as well as performance timer and Dyno mode with the 3 axis accelerometer add on ;)

Lyndon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would look super cool is round screens that fill the displays perfectly and make them look kinda like this (quick photoshop):

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8981/cooli.jpg

I think they would be very popular mate :D

On Dakota Digital's website they can do similar to order and they have done one for an FTO as well as the usual Americana and they have a UK agent to boot - downside is they need your cluster to do it

Edited by Tee from China
added (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So finally, a finished prototype of the speedo head unit.

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/klsspeedo1.jpg

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/klsspeedo2.jpg

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/klsspeedo3.jpg

What do you all think ?

I think my logo needs to be smaller so as not to be obscured by the dash cowling.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Now that would be cool, a full on configurable dash, similar to Dash2 type tech but in three separate configurable round displays :thumbs:

Totally agree Wez. I could be tempted to swap 1 of those in place of my dash2 display. It's very much like the RX8 dash.

looks good Lyndon. Deffo needs a smaller logo! Or as Wez said have the logo boot up when the screen turns on.

Glad you liked my photoshop peps, I used the dials off a Peugeot. But as Zorglub said you cant by round l.c.d screens but im sure there would be ways around it like using larger screens and Supra dial face would go over the larger screens. The software would display the screen circular. And as long as its lined up it would look pretty cool.

But I'm a man of only ideas. I wouldn't even know if this would work?

keep up the great work Lyndon were all keeping an eye on this thread :)

looks good Lyndon. Deffo needs a smaller logo! Or as Wez said have the logo boot up when the screen turns on.

keep up the great work Lyndon were all keeping an eye on this thread :)

It currently does scroll my logo onto the screen at boot up, however, I will give buyers the option to change this to what ever they want hence, having a logo on the outside also. It also balances the fact the screen isn't central in the vertical plane due to mounting restrictions in the OEM dash casing. I'm going to shrink the logo down in the next revision.

Lyndon.

It currently does scroll my logo onto the screen at boot up, however, I will give buyers the option to change this to what ever they want hence, having a logo on the outside also. It also balances the fact the screen isn't central in the vertical plane due to mounting restrictions in the OEM dash casing. I'm going to shrink the logo down in the next revision.

Lyndon.

Oooo I like this Idea mate. I can imagine people wanting the Toyota logo for that OEM style.