Front Bumper Splitter Ideas Please *FITTED*

Noz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So where did this come from and how thick is it please :)

I ordered it from a plastic company in bristol. It's 4.5mm thick, perfect for the rubber strip that accomadates 4.5mm thickness for Carbon Splitters that can be found on carbonmods.co.uk

Good effort Noz :) Did you literally just draw around the base of the bumper, make it a little larger, cut it out and ?rivet? it on?

Might give this a go myself at some point :)

Yes mate. Took a bit of work getting it to be perfectly equal both sides. I measured the distance that looked about right and kept it equal, where my bumper comes in I just followed the line as I wanted it to be as round as I could get it but still following the line of the bumper.

i like it although i wouldn't have it sticking out quite as far if it were me, are the support bars necessary or can you just have it riveted?

I much prefer it like E Kanoo's one

Thats a nice splitter. But considering the thickness of the one I have, if you had the same depth you would hardly notice it, and would look like you had purely done it just to support some chrome bars. If the material was thicker, I may have reduced it's size. But I wanted it to be noticed, therefore the area had to be increased. Being so thin, it probably wouldn't of even been noticed if I copied his distance from the bumper.

And to be honest, if you check the side views, there isn't a huge difference in the two. His looks too fat for my liking.

Some more pictures of the finished product.

The material used was Embossed Polyprop.

2440x1220x3mm £30.00 plus vat

2440x1220x4.5mm £39.10 plus vat

I went with the 4.5mm thickness.

The rubber strip was ordered from Carbonmods.co.uk as well a the stainless steel bars. CHECK the length you want these bars to go to. They aren't that long, and don't expect one size fits all. The threads are limited on length. Can't remember if website gives maximum length required on the bars, if someone wants to know I can remove one of mine easy enough and measure it.

I can give the contact details for the company located in Bristol if required. The price total price for the sheet was just over £70 delivered.

Cheers mate :) You thought about using what you have left to make up some custom canards? ;)

Thought about it but think it might be too much. all being nlack. might work on a white car?

Mine sticks out like this, I threw away my rods did not like them.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=99613&d=1254940965

that looks nice jazz. carbon definitely has a presence.