The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why would you bother with a Syvecs

dude

Had mine fitted a month ago.. The ecu and data logging is very impressive, as are the safeties..

but for me, the FBW throttle control TRANSFORMED the car. Night and Day.

It also released a fair chunk of cash in redundant controllers..

he also found an extra 70hp at the same boost.

The car is completely different, I agree - a fantastic bit of kit.

Not having one was probably a major contribution to your bottom end problem.

100% agree on that, but when your new to the game you dont know whats good and whats not evryone was banging on that it was good for a small single which it can do but not well ,any way live and learn i have hybrids at the time so all was well sort of lol.

I definitely want a Syvecs at some point!

I want to buy up parts that I'd transfer to my next Supra for this one in the meantime. It'd be interesting to see what a Syvecs could do to a 5 speed BPU.

(By the time I can prioritise and afford the Syvecs, I'd be in a position to be able to blow the W58 so it'd be ok :D ).

:question:

So in this case, would the Syvecs have gone into limp mode because the fuel pressure was low or the detection of knock as the result of the low fuel pressure??

I believe in this case a pressure sensor was used but the knock control would have done the same thing I believe, Ill be using a pressure sensor on oil and fuel on the stealth car !!!! Very impressive.

I believe in this case a pressure sensor was used but the knock control would have done the same thing I believe, Ill be using a pressure sensor on oil and fuel on the stealth car !!!! Very impressive.

It is indeed top stuff.

I contacted Ken as you suggested, he gave me good info on the HKS Fcon. The ease of tuning seems good, but knock control is were it seems to loose out...

In my country with the crappy fuel I think knock control is vital, I am gonna follow up some leads Ryan gave me on the Syvecs tuning in SA...