Callaway Motorsport

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

we have been busy with some new parts.

We are also busy with the R35GTR now, but have the following we are working on for the supra.

Exterior:

- Door handles, so the handle and the inner part will be done

- Door mirrors complete or you can just have the top part (actual mirror housing) done.

- Front stock bumper lip

- Stock Rear arch/ bumper trim (the one which sits behind the rear wheel)

- Windscreen wiper cowling (we are not sure about this yet, it is a difficult part to do and very expensive, so very unlikely someone for supra will want it, but we will still get a price for it as option)

Interior:

- Dash panel set (pre + facelift) and then seperate cost for auto/manual surround.

- Door handles, complete set of inner, so the surround and the lever.

- Drivers side electric window button surround (passenger side we are not doing, because it is one large piece, and too flexible which doesnt make it reliable/ durable with carbon and varnish)

- Handbrake lever.

We will have pricing for more or less everything next week.

Facelift dash/cowling/ mirrors/ handles + front bumper lip will be the week after.

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

Maybe a carbon 6speed gear knob as my leather one is getting tatty and the replacements are pretty pricey as it is!? Also carbon airbox? Fan shroud? Standard rear spoiler? Foot rest? The covers next to the seat/runners? Rear view mirror? And the little interior light surround! Just a few possibilities :)

Gear knob - depends on which style, i could do a groupbuy one day. but trust me, doing it in carbon will be about as expensive as a new one...if you want it done well that is.

Carbon airbox - wont be enough people i reccon, we already do airboxes for most models of Lamborghini and ferarri (430/458 etc), it can be done, but at a cost ofcourse.

Fan shroud - could also be done on request, but i think we may opt to just do the top part which you can see, otherwise its not cost effective.

OEM rear spoiler - I already have this on my list (will ad it in first post)

Seat covers - no, wont be enough interest, because most people place other seats anyway. and it will all be different covers (if any)

Rear view mirror - not likely something we will do, again not enough people will want this, as its not really something you "look at" rather than look into the mirror itself...

Interior light surround - Added to the list, we do these for porsche and lambo aswell. But they are also even larger.

Please note people, we do this proffessionally, not just on the side or at a cheap price, we want our products to be very high quality, and to last at least a cars life.

That is why the parts will not be cheap, but premium price, for a very good looking and lasting finish.

Our Resin is also fully UV resistant, and does not fade or yellow after a long time.

Maybe a carbon 6speed gear knob as my leather one is getting tatty and the replacements are pretty pricey as it is!? Also carbon airbox? Fan shroud? Standard rear spoiler? Foot rest? The covers next to the seat/runners? Rear view mirror? And the little interior light surround! Just a few possibilities :)
Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Nearly there guys, been busy with alot of other developments here with our own products etc, especially on carbon level (Diffusers etc)

We will also have a universal front splitter for the bumper/ lip.

Few more weeks and i should have my own dash back in full carbon (we have not started just yet as we are looking into other parts to be carbon laminated).

The Knob bit.

regards,

Lyndon.

Are you talking about the large covering piece? or the knob?

We can do it all guys, but it wont be cheap for small items like that.

I also need the parts on hand to make up a costing. And thats what i dont have at this moment.

We still need to purchase a bunch of used parts from Keron to sort out pricing...