The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTBIV - Any news yet ?

Sharpie

Thorin here.

Good day out, think I might have caught a bit of the sun too (when it managed to break through the clouds). Was good to see people again, I've not been to many events recently so it was good to catch up. Saw Mcanny, Monkey, Eyefi and Jane, Jake (don't think he had a car dropped on his hand this time), Ian C, Kev Huntley and Gaz Walker. Saw a few other people but didn't get chance to talk to them, Branners, Leon (being interviewed by "white nigga" Tim Westwood), Christian Doran. Didn't see Paul Whiffin, would have said hello, only just heard about his problems with the car today, shame.

Didn't get to see Leon run, I just know he only did a couple of runs and then was parked up with problems. Saw the CRD car's run when it had problems, I thought they'd blown the diff but turned out to be prop shaft. It was nice to hear that the Envy lads helped out and loaned Dee their prop so he could continue, nice one lads. Stuck around for the finals, I believe Keith Cowie did his best run of the day in the 4wd final, 9.3, and I think Dee managed his best time in the overall final (I think I heard 10.1!). I noticed the CRD car was for sale. I expect they'll have an inflated price tag on it (as we've seen before) and if someone is willing to pay it great, but I wouldn't have thought they're that serious about selling it. Fair play to them.

Well done to everyone who took part and look forward to the results.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that granada v8 supercharged sounded one of best cars there. keith cowie is in a different league. that pro driver in blue scooby did a 9 second run. what a set up they have even had a motec guy in pit crew. its getting more and more for pros and tuners than man on the street.

shame really

You're right there Mark ... seems like you needs loads of money and backing to get anywhere near these days. I liked that Granada aswell ... loved the original ford fake wood dash, great to see a 20yr old motor doing those times

disappointed in the day. Got there at 8.15am to find out all the labelling for the competitor areas had been 'washed away' by the rain and it was first come first served. Righto, so the whole competitor field was already in so we had to take what we could get. Traders taking up 4 or 5 spaces with just 2 cars plus support vans.

Parked up, went for a bacon roll...£2.80..total rip off. Saw the supra guys in the queue for signon at 9.15am, they got back to the stand at 10am. Scrutineers came round while the guys were at signon, checked the wheels and nothing else on the car....so all that was checked was for a DOT or e-marked tyre.

Went back to watch the first few runs...seating area was completely full already and all space at the barriers was taken up.

Eventually saw the supras run and they mostly had trouble getting off the line and then took off. Just after lunch (£2.00 for a small portion of chips...) found out that Leon had done the bottom end so that was game over for him. Heard the CRD supra was dead (very glad to hear it got fixed, well done to Envy) and the other supras were hitting various problems (except Chis who was actually very pleased with his performance). Realised we wouldnt be in the finals in any shape or form so with a 4 hour drive ahead of me left at 3.30pm. Drive down the M1 was a nightmare, stop-start from j17 onwards with the only obvious reason being the fact that they kept turning the 40mph speed limit signs on and then off again all the way down.

The saving grace of the weekend for me was the Saturday night, lots of drink and merryment with the Vortex guys, the Phoenix guys, Gavin L, Jake and Secondjump.

Thanks must go to Mad Matt and Darkrider for touting out all the spare club tickets.

It was great to meet all the club members but all in all an expensive weekend with not much entertainment, Im sure I will be back next year though.

JB

They've gotta stop the piss take with food prices, sort out even more seating, get the signon procedure *much* more slick, and let people know where the damn timing tickets are handed out :) Apart from that I still think Chris Mann did a good job, and he actually asked me what would need doing better next year so I'll feed all this back to him for deffo.

Should have some good piccies from the club photographer I'll have to get uploaded once I've got 'em :)

Well done to all the Supra guys & support people, 9 runners on the day - our best turnout yet. Shame about the big power boys all having problems, especially Leon lunching his engine :( TOTB is not his favourite venue I suspect. I've been firmly persuaded that I don't need any more power as things appear to go 'sproing' with alarming regularity in the upper echelons of the competition! The big boys can keep it :) I drove there and drove back, I got everything I wanted out of my car and it didn't miss a beat all day, absolutely spot on. I'm everso chuffed, apologies if I pissed off any other Supra bods with my constant chuffedness ;)

My best drag time was a 12.7 @ 123mph, finally got a good launch. The 1.25mile vmax was 184mph, another personal best by over 10mph, and I might possibly have snuck in 10th in class on the handling circuit :nyah: All that with the car in exactly the same state it's in when I take it out the garage to go to Tesco's :D No drag tyres, no removed spoiler, no stripped interior, yay :thumbs:

It was great to see the sheer amount of camaraderie and helpfulness going on in the Supra pits, everyone helping everyone else, the Phoenix boys and Migster knocking their bollocks off sorting out Matt, Terry, Dave (secondjump), et al with their niggly probs - big up to those guys. Jake was on hand, lending a hand by being a handy man in general - give him a hand :) Top bloke, always ready to assist.

Good to speak to the myriad of Supra bods that found me, Monkeymark (always a pleasure), Richie S, Michel, Heckler, and others. Glad I didn't let you guys down :)

-Ian

Had a good day! Alot of very fast cars there, faster than last year, loads getting into 10's and with terminals of over 130mph.

Supra's were a bit disappointing, mostly struggling to get good starts :thumbdown but v.fast once goin! Enjoyed Leons 100+foot number 11 as he made his way up the 1/4 :thumbs: , shame the envy supe didnt do as well as it could have, the potential was defo there!!

The Crd supra was impressive as usual, with a bit of help from envy after crd snapped thier propshaft! Dee defo knows how to launch it well!! was v.close race between him and the twin turbo viper in the rwd final, dee winnin by just 0.1s, shame dee didnt manage to get a top speed run in.

The final was a forgone conclusion, as fast as the crd is, its no match for that wepon of Cowies! it was in a different league than anything else there. crd managed their quickest time of the day with a 10.1 @144~mph, but cowie did a 9.3 @160mph!!!! :woot:

Cowie won the title with the most points.

Gutted about not being able to go down to the top speed section (closed because insurance reasons), and the price of the food n drink was daft!!

Also had a good day out. Was freezing this morning but somehow i'm pink. :shrug:

The Supras definately had trouble getting off the mark, but soon sped up. Good to see some of the usual faces again, and i saw Stu Fraser on the way home (i was in the red MR2).

What an excellent day! Everyone working together is what its all about.

Special thanks to Jake+Matt for keeping me going during my nightmare learning curve and the rest of the gang-Phoenix boys, Mig, Terry, Ian C for advice, spare parts and good natured banter.

I was chuffed with a 12.8 1/4 and a terminal of 124mph this was with a 60ft of 2.88 ( kept breaking the beam so went off idle after green ) so plenty more to come when i get my act together...oh and a top speed of 183mph :)

I was chuffed with a 12.8 1/4 and a terminal of 124mph this was with a 60ft of 2.88
If you could knock a second off that 60ft time you'd be in the low 11s :eek: That car has got awesome potential - oyu've got a good 'en there mate.

and a top speed of 183mph
Only 1mph behind Ian C and just 3mph behind Dude - that's bloody good going! You must be very pleased.

:respekt:

If you could knock a second off that 60ft time you'd be in the low 11s :eek: That car has got awesome potential - oyu've got a good 'en there mate.

Only 1mph behind Ian C and just 3mph behind Dude - that's bloody good going! You must be very pleased.

:respekt:

Damn right Jake, i'm still smiling

:)

Enjoyed the day but we should have made so much more of it. 2nd place is pretty cool and hats off to Envy for making it possible! I think if CRD had of dropped a tubby size we could have had it... another few hundred yards and he'd have murdered that skyline! Was it just me or did we seem to balls up a few gear changes (GO AUTO!!! :D)

Prices were silly! £2 for about 10 chips... bloody pikeys!