The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTBIV - Any news yet ?

Sharpie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First run he had severe traction issues..... wheel spinning for first 1/8th mile

Changed rear wheels/tyres for second run which was to be a top speed run. Engine started pulling back and feeling tight around the 3/4 mile mark, oil pressure down so eased off and cruised back to pit.

Bottom end was knocking so recovered home. Not pulled out engine for proper diagnostics yet.

Guest Terry S
First run he had severe traction issues..... wheel spinning for first 1/8th mile

Changed rear wheels/tyres for second run which was to be a top speed run. Engine started pulling back and feeling tight around the 3/4 mile mark, oil pressure down so eased off and cruised back to pit.

Bottom end was knocking so recovered home. Not pulled out engine for proper diagnostics yet.

Yeah changed to my tyres LOL.

Dunno what happened to Gavin seeing as I've got pictures of him on the handling circuit... Perhaps JB can fill us in as he speaks to Gavin regularly.

Ironic I'm the only one brave enough to go on the bendy stuff at TOTB ;) :stickpoke :rolleyes:

-Ian

Ironic I'm the only one brave enough to go on the bendy stuff at TOTB ;) :stickpoke :rolleyes:

-Ian

Christian got in the Q twice (which was VERY long after 2 p.m.), but as there was no Q at all for the drag ... the calling was obviously too strong for him! :D

Once I walked to see why it wasn't moving, came back to the Q, he was gone, :eek: then heard his name over the tannoy, 'dragging it' again!! :woot:

Shame you had those probs, you given your tuner a kicking yet?

-Ian

Too busy to think about it yet! We are both working very long hours and our eldest gets married next Saturday. Our youngest came back from Japan (where he works) on Wednesday morning for the wedding, so I'm now waiting for him & Christian to get ready for the dreaded trip to Bluewater to get the wedding suits. I went out this morning leaving Father & Son who were s'posed to get ready. So of course when I came back there they were, unshowered and watching a DVD! :giveup:

I feel nagging mode coming on! :complain:

On the supe front, she's not running so well. Fine when I drove her back from York, but on Tuesday morning about a mile from work (45 miles from home) she started playing up; can't decide which gear to be in, :shrug: almost feeling as if she's gonna stall (auto!!), but you can't put your foot down as the power REALLY kicks in quickly now. The power is all 'in the middle', so gently does it! We'll think about it once the Wedding's over. :looney: