The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New plasma auto dials

spoonlover

lol i would brake the pins from the dials

but you could imagine how annoyed i was after stripping it all out and the cluster to find that i couldnt get those little pins out :banghead:

didnt know you could drill through glass, im sure your messing with me :blink:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoMan
Damn my gear selection bit is different to yours :( ive got a cut out there with a screen telling me what gear im in, looks like i gotta take mine out anyways. yay...

Thanks for uploading them tho :)

Sorry to disturb you guys, but aftear reading some posts I decided to register myself up here, to help you out :p.

For anyone that has Facelift version, along with you scotty, we do have the scan from ash that we can base on, so just email us with photos of your original clusters and we will figure something out for you - [email protected]

Guest MoMan
Good to see you decided to join up, ill only need to scan my rev counter dial up, so dont mind doing that really. still need to scan my 60mm gauges up so you can have a look and see what you think too.

There's possibilty that photo will be enough to do the changes, but if you're able to make a scan that'd be great.

As for 60mm gauges, please provide me some photos of those as well, Id like to check if there's a place for connectors, so they could be lit up as well.

• 3 weeks later...
My new dials are on their way, will post pictures when they are fitted if no one else has in the meantime.

The company tells me that they are happy to offer a discount to club members.

I've received a set for my car today, and I was wondering if you had a chance to fit yours yet?

I've already got a set of blown Elglo's sitting in there, and I wondered if the connections were the same, as I had to solder the input wires to the stock gauge 'circuit board'?

There is a connected stabiliser plug as well, and I wondered if that goes somewhere convenient too! :)

Yea I've fitted them. Just solder the pos and neg on the circuit board of you stock clocks. Don't do anything with the stabiliser just tape the end up. When sticking the little black box somewhere, it does make a slight "cherp" when on so I put mine at the back of the dash. They are really easy to fit, you won't have any problems.

when i received mine one wire was off each of the dials and then both wires were off on one dial.

not a problem for some people but when you pay out £150 you dont expect to have to send them back to them to be fixed.

couldnt do it myself because i suck at soldering and wasnt going to attempt to do it myself

paid someone to do it for me so all sorted now but 4 wires from 6 not soldered on properly ??

BUT...

the dials are very good and designed just how i asked. and they do offer to fix any problems but so i can have them in the car quicker i paid someone to sort them.

they look good at night and i went with a design from another car altered to work on the facelift supra

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

hey guys, no photos taken yet, my dash panels have been sent into a place to be sprayed because they kept reacting when i tried it at home even tho i used a plastic primer.

the garage have had the panels for over a week and still not done they say it keeps reacting. i really need the panels back so if they are not done by tomorrow i think i will have to go and pick them up and take them somewhere else. i dont want to leave my car like this all wires and switches left hanging.

ill post photos when there done. the design might not be to everyones taste but i like it and it looks good at night.