The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU or just standard ?

thedirtycat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say buy a standard TT for now and get used to the power!! going from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive is a big diffrents just in its self and then there is the extra power too.

What part of Hereford do you live in? I dont live far from Ross-on-Wye and have a bpu Supra i can take you for a spin in just to show how much punch it does have!

I would say buy a standard TT for now and get used to the power!! going from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive is a big diffrents just in its self and then there is the extra power too.

What part of Hereford do you live in? I dont live far from Ross-on-Wye and have a bpu Supra i can take you for a spin in just to show how much punch it does have!

I know my dad would agree to go for less power haha. He is a rally driver but I guess he thinks I'm not a good driver or something.

I've driven a RWD car before a bit but it wasn't turbo.

I would love to have a ride in your supra. I asked a couple of people a while back but never got to have a ride. I live right in the middle of Hereford but I can meet anywhere really.

I know my dad would agree to go for less power haha. He is a rally driver but I guess he thinks I'm not a good driver or something.

I've driven a RWD car before a bit but it wasn't turbo.

I would love to have a ride in your supra. I asked a couple of people a while back but never got to have a ride. I live right in the middle of Hereford but I can meet anywhere really.

no probs i will be about on saturday just driving about. I like the road to Hereford so give me a pm on the Friday or somthing and i can arrange to meet you somewhere in town

I also drove FWD before buying my Supra, and trust me it is a different beast for sure..

I got used to my car on stock boost first, albeit I have not yet had the chance to cane the car around a track..

I prefer building up a car to my own spec, and enjoyed buying the parts that I fancied for my BPU.

I am now running full BPU with a Mines ECU and it is one damn quick car..

As TDR mentioned earlier, when it hits full boost it definetly feels like the car is trying to kill you..

Being failry inexperienced with RWD I give the car max respect and still have to do alot more work in honing my driving skills before thinking of futher mods.

I say look for a good stocker, take your time learning the car and look for good deals on the BPU parts in the meantime, when you ready slap them on and unleash the beast...

Widen your search, be prepared to wait and haggle

Indeed I travelled about 400 mile round trip for my Supra and was looking for about 6 months before I found it. I managed to get 1k off the price and got the guy to throw in a years tax too. I payed top dollar for mine though but I knew it was the one (that sounded cheesy) :D