The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T ffim throttle cables? Now how to fit?

FOSTA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was what I was considering. A decent fabrication should can use the position of the stock runners to ensure the location of the new ones, assuming toyota placed them in similiar locations. To be honest, I never even thought about that. I'd hope they would be fine if they were located in the same way.

I've sent a message to the guy that sells the manifold in the bottom link it's from ks racing and he said he sells one that fits the 2jz-GE aswell for the same price.

I've bought a ffim today they are making it with the 2jz-GE runners and with the flange to fit my factory throttle body.

Here's a pic:

Now when I fit the factory throttle body will I just extend the wires for the sensors?

And what are the sensors? I think the one on the left is idle control but what's the one on the right for?

Also what do I do with this thing? And what dose it do? It looks like some sort of valve?

And here is the 2 cables going to the throttle I asked about earlier, can I leave the bottom one off all together or will I need it? Can I buy an aftermarket longer one or will I need to send it away to get it custom made?

And finally what will I do with all the vacume likes? Will most of them just need deleated?

Thanks guys ;-)

make sure the flange to take the na throttle body has the bit cut out for the idle control valves air way.

I removed all the vacum lines ect and ditched it all.

the valve just opens a butterfly in the old na plenum,another spare part for the shed.

the celica cable is long enough,i made my own using the na ends and a spare boot release cable.

if you open the loom hard case the wires can be taken back to the area you need them at without cutting anything.t

the other valve is the idle control valve

why are you using the na throttle body ?

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

I'm choose to use the NA throttle body as I thought it would be Easyer as it has all the sensors in place and I didn't know how to mount them on the new ffim.

And there is 2 cables going to the throttle and I didn't know it a new body would have the fittings to take the 2 cables.

I was just going to try and clean it up and see if I can get it powder coted silver or chrome

you could use the lexus v8 throttle body as the throttle postion connectors are identicle plus it has a feed to go to a remote icv.You could use a mk3tt icv as the connectors are identicle,plus the v8 throttle body is a shorter unit and a bigger diamiter.the v8 one also has the parts for cruise control cable if you wanted to use it.

I'd recommend using a different throttle body Jamie. They are cheap enough, and will look so much cleaner, with all this effort you at least want it it looking as nice as possible, as if you use the mk3 ICV idea like brendan said you don't need to do much modification. Get a nice Q45!

I'd recommend using a different throttle body Jamie. They are cheap enough, and will look so much cleaner, with all this effort you at least want it it looking as nice as possible, as if you use the mk3 ICV idea like brendan said you don't need to do much modification. Get a nice Q45!

It's just there are so many hoses, cables, and there are 2 sensors on my throttle body and I wouldn't know where or how to connect them to a differnt throttle body.

I was hoping to just bolt my standard one stright on with all sensors,cables (need longer ones), and hoses left connected.