The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to stop rear end stepping out?

Chucky_waR

ohh ok bud

i thought height adjustable spring platforms were the things on the coilovers that you turn to lower or higher the spring lol

:Plug:

I bought some new adjusting nuts for my coilovers so need to get the front ones fitted. Looks like the one is cracked and is loose. Saw it today.. Don't have coil clamps so won't even try to replace them myself..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to adjust the ride height on mine you have to turn the bottom

it says not to adjust height with the spring on mine

Then they are height adjustable seperatly, £550 is still silly money and not needed on a road car, 1st pothole and its wasted and you seem to have better things to sort on that car !!!

ok bud so what do i ask for

when i asked centre of gravity for a geometry setup thats what they quoted me

is it not called a geometry setup that i need? or do they just throw in loads of extra bits

and this wont be untill the rest is done, i can fight with it for now lol it wont be going far untill its done

So what exactly will the likes of Centtr of gravity do in such Geo setups?

I only ask cos back home they only do wheel alignment (caster,camber, toe in/out)

I asked around a bit here in Japan about a full geo setup, everybody was pretty confused, it seems here people dont even bother to do the basic wheel alignment.

So what exactly will the likes of Centtr of gravity do in such Geo setups?

I only ask cos back home they only do wheel alignment (caster,camber, toe in/out)

I asked around a bit here in Japan about a full geo setup, everybody was pretty confused, it seems here people dont even bother to do the basic wheel alignment.

Name: Ash

Car: Toyota Supra

Year: 1996

Date: 14/12/2011

Chassis tune package

Schedule

Test drive

Pre load car with weight

Tyre data check and adjust

Ride height check and adjust (optimise for A/B road use)

Corner weight check and adjust (for slalom use)

Geometry check and adjust (optimise for A/B road use)

Re check corner weight

Set up adjustable anti roll bars * if applicable

Set up damper (bump/rebound)

Test drive

Before and after tyre, ride height and corner weight report

Before and after geometry check and report

Total Cost

Total cost £450.00

VAT £90.00

Total £540.00

Well after reading this thread I decided to take the car to WIM today for a full geometry/wheel alignment and all i can say is its a different car! Best money i have ever spent on it, £114, took half an hour and chatted about the car the whole time, great guys in there. I would really recommend you go there first and save yourself the money. I have a new found appreciation for just how well the Supra handles, chuffed to bits :)

you might have other problems, i had a wheel bearing go after a knock and the car would feel so loose was all over the place at higher speeds, there are alot of suspension components that can also have an affect ie worn bushes if its as bad as you say

Nah mate.. the car is very stable around corners and high speed.. It's only when the single wakes up and it starts to boost... Nothing to do with my bearings..

Well after reading this thread I decided to take the car to WIM today for a full geometry/wheel alignment and all i can say is its a different car! Best money i have ever spent on it, £114, took half an hour and chatted about the car the whole time, great guys in there. I would really recommend you go there first and save yourself the money. I have a new found appreciation for just how well the Supra handles, chuffed to bits :)

Mine is crying out for there work, i might drive down there when mine is running and have them do it, needs lowering a tad too.

I am one of those that has never had a proper geo set up done on the supra, i find it handles really well as it is but would like to see or feel the difference of a decent geo.

Do it... Mine is done two or three times a year, the state of the roads is to blame.

It makes a heck of a difference.

Last time my rears were pointing all over the shop, only takes a few potholes to ruin your geo set up.

Whilest tyres and tyre pressures have been discussed during this thread I would like to ask a question, my rears have always worn a lot quicker in the centres than the edges (by a very noticeable amount), am I right in thinking that lowering the pressure a little say down to 32 should alleviate the problem? I am running 18" Falkens.