The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Titan Motorsports Copper Supra rebuild for 2012 - going for the worlds quickest

nero

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car getting ready to go racing. Huge thanks for Ferrea for always being a part of our race programs since the beginning. Our technical parternship is one we cherish.

Huge thanks to Weld Wheels for getting us these new V-Series wheels in time. They look fantastic. This is a new wheel setup for the car

Stroud assisting on the parachutes. Mike i know your watching on Facebook

Decided to go with the carbon on the doors. Keeping it looking really nice

Good side view of the car

Edited by nero (see edit history)

So to recap the last week, here goes.

We finally got the car to the point where started and could be tested, Tuesday night the guys loaded up and I don't think they finished till 10PM. Wed was testing in Valdosta where things were working well, but issues like a leaky diagphram on the wastegate and a few other little issues came up. I had one of the guys here, Jeff drive to Valdosta with spare wastegates, springs, and shirts that came in Wed for TX2K. They kept testing and got the car working pretty good on Wed. They had to stay to test more on Thursday and at the end of the day, the last pass we broke a bolt in the rear right hub/spindle and the car basically sat down on the wheel; at this point I was already in Houston, TX to meet the guys on Friday. Phone pictures and everything got sent over to me at 8-9PM Thursday night; we formulated a plan to have Christian and Takash come in on Friday morning at 7AM to get both left and right hub's prepped, bolts, hardware, heims and everything as spares for the car. As we could not 100% know what was wrong, we upgraded to larger bolt sizes also. I want to thank Tommy Bahn as he offered to lend me hub's if needed, but we did not want to put him out if we didn't have to. So the guys traveled Thurs-Fri from Valdosta to Houston, arriving at about 8PM in Houston.

Bottle, the smart A&& he is was able to get me the parts shipped on Friday and to the hotel on Friday by Same Day Delivery. Before you guys who order parts from us start asking for this service, its limited to area, time of day and it cost us about $1,200 to get the package to us. That's a small package, only 3 times in our racing career have i ever used this service as its not cheap.

Friday night the guys got some rest, Saturday morning they got the car prepared and we were off racing. The highlight of the weekend was the 7.59 @ 186 run. Gary even let off on that pass with 2/10 second left in the run. So we are expecting some really big things from this car, its just going to require more testing. We literally blew the doors off :) We believe this happened in our first 1/4 mile pass with this setup because the door window pulls itself out of the "socket" and then puts enough pressure on the outer door shell and makes the outer shell pull off. We have a few easy ideas on solutions here, just will have to come home for repair and paint and we'll be back on track with the same doors. I want to thank Clint and Ross Baird for letting me borrow their doors to finish the race.

Also wanted to thank all the fans and competitors, everyone had gracious comments about the car's revival and we were very pleased to hear them. Special thanks to the whole TX2K staff for putting on another great event.

• 1 year later...