The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil change

Gaz B

im looking for some decent oil to put in i dont mind what it costs as long as its not stupid price £60 tops for 6 litres (im not sure what the toyota one is like)

we do need 6 litres dont we?

i think im going with the Silkolene PRO S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines.aspx

but i was wondering what the difference between that one and the cheaper one because theres a big price difference

oilman gave me a list of the better oils and then the ones that are good but cheaper and i picked one from the more expensive list

im looking for some decent oil to put in i dont mind what it costs as long as its not stupid price £60 tops for 6 litres (im not sure what the toyota one is like)

we do need 6 litres dont we?

i think im going with the Silkolene PRO S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1146-silkolene-pro-s-5w-40-ester-synthetic-oil-for-high-performance-engines.aspx

but i was wondering what the difference between that one and the cheaper one because theres a big price difference

oilman gave me a list of the better oils and then the ones that are good but cheaper and i picked one from the more expensive list

Check the first page, as the oil I bought only cost £20 for 5 litres.

When I changed mine (including filter so it was all out), it took just less than 5 litres.

ohh the guide says 6 litres

so i just need 5 litres?

I don't want to say for definite in case I get a load of abuse, but when I changed mine, it was just under the top of the dipstick and I had just under 1L of oil left. Sucks that I bought 10L, but at least I have some for next time :D

lol hi dunk

its my oil filter housing, ive ordered all the new seals/ o-rings and new gaskets for manifold and throttle body and new oil pressure switch all from toyota £77 :)

i already have a new oil filter/sparkplugs/cambreather pipes

had help from a member who works at toyota and he found what seals i need and i wanted to replace them all there

replacing the gaskets at the same time while im at it :)

just waiting for them to come and then i can sort the problem out

its not leaking much but there was alot in the engine tray so it must have been doing this for along time

new oil will be going in after the oil leak fixed