The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V12 engines into a supra

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Well I wondered how long it would be before this thread arrived. I wont be responding to any of the little digs, only constructive info that could help people.

Custom rods and pistons will be required if turbocharging, I snapped a rod at power levels the stock 2jz could handle easily. Also, they don't like 9000rpm!

You WILL need to dry sump it, that includes fabricating a custom oil pan as it won't clear the steering rack (they come as a front sump).

Engine mounts are a pain in the backside due to being around 8 inches along from where they need to be. Custom made.

ECU - I stripped everything off and ran it on a MS3X, 400 quids worth of ECU in diy, solder it yourself format, works perfectly.

Gearbox, custom bellhousing, custom clutch, custom flywheel, the whole lot was made as a one off by Suzuki Japan for me. This cost me almost 3K alone.

I could go on for years, it is 10 times more difficult than a V8 build, which in comparison, just fell into place. Also, my budget of 10k for the conversion (not including engine or gearbox) has long disappeared. That's all I'm saying, I don't want this to turn into another debate as most of my threads on this kind of subject seem to.

I hope this helps any potential buyers, I wouldn't want anyone being misled into this being a drop in conversion, a couple of days worth of labour etc.

from what i was told 280ps gentleman agreement

as above

never done one lol - i guess labour would be around £1000 (the question is whats needed to make this fit etc etc) UGP might chime in as hes doing one i think.

£1000 labour? I wish you had of said, would have saved me four months of faffing on :p

I wont be responding to any of the little digs, only constructive info that could help people.

That's all I'm saying, I don't want this to turn into another debate as most of my threads on this kind of subject seem to.

So your saying you've already got the engine in the car and running??

Guess not ??????

I guess the above wasn't clear enough? Thats the last time I'm commenting in this thread.

You have my number if you wish to discuss John.

Well I wondered how long it would be before this thread arrived. I wont be responding to any of the little digs, only constructive info that could help people.

Custom rods and pistons will be required if turbocharging, I snapped a rod at power levels the stock 2jz could handle easily. Also, they don't like 9000rpm!

You WILL need to dry sump it, that includes fabricating a custom oil pan as it won't clear the steering rack (they come as a front sump).

Engine mounts are a pain in the backside due to being around 8 inches along from where they need to be. Custom made.

ECU - I stripped everything off and ran it on a MS3X, 400 quids worth of ECU in diy, solder it yourself format, works perfectly.

Gearbox, custom bellhousing, custom clutch, custom flywheel, the whole lot was made as a one off by Suzuki Japan for me. This cost me almost 3K alone.

I could go on for years, it is 10 times more difficult than a V8 build, which in comparison, just fell into place. Also, my budget of 10k for the conversion (not including engine or gearbox) has long disappeared. That's all I'm saying, I don't want this to turn into another debate as most of my threads on this kind of subject seem to.

I hope this helps any potential buyers, I wouldn't want anyone being misled into this being a drop in conversion, a couple of days worth of labour etc.

I'm impressed, that's a lot of work, not to mention the effort of finding someone in Japan to do the custom fabrication.

I guess the above wasn't clear enough? Thats the last time I'm commenting in this thread.

You have my number if you wish to discuss John.

There's no need to be so abrupt. I was only asking if you had it in and running. It was a simple question which required a simple answer.

I only asked due to the fact of all the lies you tell and stirring you do, I couldn't really believe what I was reading TBH. :p

confused.com

In for a build thread of a century v12 though. I'd be interested if someone could supplyone for 2k and fit it for 1k. V12 supra would be a real unique car, sound would be great although 5700rpm redline doesn't sound great, thats old man stuff???

Well if anyone can do it UGP can. He even had a boat with a V8 engine in cooled by a car radiator (his works not mine). There was even talk of it having a Flux capacitor, but may have just been talk.

confused.com

In for a build thread of a century v12 though. I'd be interested if someone could supplyone for 2k and fit it for 1k. V12 supra would be a real unique car, sound would be great although 5700rpm redline doesn't sound great, thats old man stuff???

we can supply the engine for that figure and fit it the engine for that figure (ie remove old lump and fit new lump in place) but getting and modding all other things to suit ie ENG AUX etc that will be extra along with ecu etc etc.

its not something we have done but happy to try it.