The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Really old school horror flicks

Scott

Carrie freaked me out, most of its quite boring but the end is not what I was expecting, so did the original texas chainsaw massacre, I watched it in my bedroom on my old black and white tv (on a school night too :) ) when I was about 12, I thought it would be a good idea but didn't sleep well that night.

I made my wife watch it recently when I got it on blu ray, she thought it was sh*t, I still think it's good.

And misery is good too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott as you're a King fan, try Needful Things...not too shabby for King fare,think he may have been on the wagon then unlike so many of his 80's, 90's novels. Ed Harris and Maximillian Schell (spelling?).

Also the Langoliers TV movie from Four After Midnight book. Silly but fun. Christine's ok too. Dark Half not worth it.

The Dead Zone is good Christopher Walken excellent, Firestarter is ok ish.

Original full length Salem's lot (3 hours) brilliant (seen through teen eyes).

Still got a Natasha Kinsky poster from Cat People Puurrr.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I have seen most of them but there are a few there that I can add to the list.

Surprisingly Hellraiser is a film I've never seen. I've added that one to the top of my list as it's one that I've always meant to watch but just never got round to.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I have seen most of them but there are a few there that I can add to the list.

Surprisingly Hellraiser is a film I've never seen. I've added that one to the top of my list as it's one that I've always meant to watch but just never got round to.

After Hellriser try Midnight Meat Train, I thoroughly enjoyed it

Cat People
Which one?

When it said "really old school" I was thinking older than those 80's films listed. I was thinking more Hammer stuff and the portmanteau films (of which Cats Tail is a veryu good modern version) like Asylum and Vault of Horror, or that one with Joan Collins where the man falls in love with a tree and carves it into a woman and it comes alive

Which one?

When it said "really old school" I was thinking older than those 80's films listed. I was thinking more Hammer stuff and the portmanteau films (of which Cats Tail is a veryu good modern version) like Asylum and Vault of Horror, or that one with Joan Collins where the man falls in love with a tree and carves it into a woman and it comes alive

I'm an 80s kid so I'm always drawn to 80s stuff, I wasn't around to see the REALLY old movies so they don't really have any draw on me :)

A lot of the films I enjoy purely because I liked them as a kid, if you watched most of them from a fresh perspective they would be rubbish. There are of course a few exceptions, which is what I'm looking for.

A bit off topic but has anyone watched the human centipede [MOD REMOVED SWEARING]... I just had a look on youtube and from what I can gather it involves some psycho wanting to chain humans together using the bottom to mouth method. A friend of mine said he had seen it for some reason so I had a look on youtube.

A bit off topic but has anyone watched the human centipede as it is meant to be pretty fu**ed up... I just had a look on youtube and from what I can gather it involves some psycho wanting to chain humans together using the arse to mouth method. A friend of mine said he had seen it for some reason so I had a look on youtube.

Yeah, I've seen both of them. They are very very much alternative movie flicks, not really meant for mainstream but the shock-factor has gotten them there. I enjoyed the actual film aspect of both movies, the second one even moreso as the casting was also fantastic, but the story is a little out there. For the most part the only reason to watch it is if you really enjoy the art of film or if you want to watch a movie that is full of shock & gore.

Hellraiser & Dolores Claiborne down, just started Salems Lot. I was quite surprised by hellraiser, it was much better than I thought. A bit of a shame with the effects etc but it didn't detract much from the story which wasn't half bad.

Dolores Claiborn is as much a horror as it is a comedy so not sure how I ended up with it in this pack, regardless I quite enjoyed it although it did drag on a bit at times.

I see you have insomnia too.

Na not really, I can sleep all the hours under the sun... I'm just a nighthawk lol. I'm starting back work today but haven't had time to sort out my sleeping pattern so rather than go to bed at 1/2am to get up at 5 I decided just to stay up right through, that way when I go to bed tonight I'll sleep right through :)

That's normally my routine after a long lay off as well.

I am dying to get back to work as I am bloody bored/broke lol so I seam to be having one of them nights when you end up in the weird part of youtube.

After having knee surgery myself it is sadly interesting as I know how they feel plus I think it is incredible what they can do and what the body can take, I only had a acl reconstruction but the odd thing is this sod would be back at work before me and it looks like they are harvesting his knee.

I've seen killer klowns when I was younger, is it a horror comedy? I can't remember if it was actually being serious or not but I remember something like a big tent filled with people wrapped up in candy floss or something? With the big tent being their space ship? Never heard of stage fright so I'll add that to the list, cheers.

The remake of the haunting wasn't great. I'll give the old one a go to see what I make of it.

Worryingly I watched Salems Lot last night and I really wasn't impressed. I'm guessing it's one of those movies where it is fairly important to see it within a certain "best before" date. I know it's a classic and I could see how it would have went down very well many moons ago but the first half of the movie just REALLY dragged. The 2nd half made up for it a little bit but not enough that I would want to watch it again.

I forgot about Deadly Blessing, I watched that last night also. It was actually OK, Sharon Stone wasn't exactly at her best but the rest of the cast held up quite well and it made for a reasonable horror/thriller. The ending was absolutely ridiculous though, I actually went on and googled the ending to see what on earth was going on and whether I had missed a large chunk of the movie..... turns out I hadn't and apparently it was a forced ending for one last shock. The ending left a real sour taste as the rest of the film had been tied up fairly nicely.

Whatever you do, do NOT waste your time on Desperation. It is without doubt one of the most awkward movies I have ever seen. The acting is about the only scary thing in the entire movie and the only saving grace in that department was actually *gulp* Ron Perlman. I thought he played his part very well. The young kid in the movie I wanted to slap everytime he came on screen, the more the movie went on the more he irritated me. I actually started fast forwarding through certain sections as it really had no depth or character development whatsoever so there was really no point in watching any exchanges between them. I remember better performances during Drama in school, they were certainly less wooden. Tom Skerritt was absolutely woeful, I'll never view topgun the same again.

i thought this was a great idea of scotts and was looking at some tonight and wow they do seem to go a little slower then i remember.

any who thought of another couple

the thing, the one with all the snow and everyone dont trust each other thinking there the alian, which they have just done a new one but its a prequal which you wouldnt know until the end credits was a nice touch though,

duel, the one with the lorry that chases the bloke in his car across america

I put on Phenomena 10 mins ago and I am now trying to erase it from my memory. What an absolute load of garbage as far as production goes, even for an old flick. It's very rare that I turn a movie off but I just can't waste my time on it.

The original alien film is one of my all time fav

A couple others but you may not class them a proper horror

The Boogeyman

The Fog

An American Werewolf in London

Galaxy of Terror

Hell Night

The thing ( not the new one its crap)

Razorback

Ghoulies

The Hills Have Eyes

Silver Bullet

Chopping Mall

Maximum Overdrive

The Wraith

The Driller Killer

The original alien film is one of my all time fav

A couple others but you may not class them a proper horror

The Boogeyman

The Fog

An American Werewolf in London

Galaxy of Terror

Hell Night

The thing ( not the new one its crap)

Razorback

Ghoulies

The Hills Have Eyes

Silver Bullet

Chopping Mall

Maximum Overdrive

The Wraith

The Driller Killer

Ahh, I loved Razorback, its got that whole weird Aussie thing hoing on, and Arkie Whitley is gorgeous in it.