The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken F452 or Toyo Proxes T1 Sport ?

Kaamos

So far I've tried Avon zz3... lose traction in 1st and 2nd gear when 2nd turbo comes in.

Same result with Yokohamas and now the same result with 452s.

Always only on dry warm days, it's very trying... either traction control off and snake off down the road in a cloud of smoke or if TC on then boom...no power.

Got a full set of r888s on gs300 wheels for summer, can't wait til it warms up and I can swap over from the 452s, which will keep for the winter.

I'm just bpu at 1.2 bar, are these traction issues common?

So far I've tried Avon zz3... lose traction in 1st and 2nd gear when 2nd turbo comes in.

Always only on dry warm days, it's very trying... either traction control off and snake off down the road in a cloud of smoke or if TC on then boom...no power.

Got a full set of r888s on gs300 wheels for summer, can't wait til it warms up and I can swap over from the 452s, which will keep for the winter.

Are you always lighting the tyres up every time you pull away, or just when you're doing a particularly quick 'Magnum' pull away?

It's a 400BHP, RWD car, first and second gear you've got to expect wheelspin with any road tyre.

Exactly. I had no traction issues whatsoever until I put in an EBC and cracked the gain up. The thud that the power came in at with the 2nd tubby coming online always broke free in 1st and 2nd. I doubt there would be any normal road tyre that could take that sort of dunt. I used to get wheelspin in my MR2 in 1st gear with TR1s so the tyre wasn't the issue.

Less haste more speed ;)

I know, I know.

Quite sedate in my automatic most of the time, but love muscle car type straight line acceleration, nothing fancy about my driving style. Just want every ounce transferred to the road when I punch it. Big kid really but I do love everything about my car, just this one issue that bugs me. Hey ho, roll on springtime.

The prices I mentioned are for a set of 2x 275/30/19 including delivery from france to france.

It would have been little cheaper ordering from the UK but I unfortunately can't afford the extra delivery time atm.

And yes I'm taliking about proxes T1 Sport, not T1 R

The prices I mentioned are for a set of 2x 275/30/19 including delivery from france to france.

It would have been little cheaper ordering from the UK but I unfortunately can't afford the extra delivery time atm.

If I were you I would go with the 452s :)

Camskill will probably be just as quick to deliver as your french company, I got tyres delivered from UK to Ireland , ordered them tuesday evening , arrived Wed morning ; how they did it I dont know

I asked Camskill yesterday but they can't guarantee delivery before begining of next year anymore, while I'll get them from the french company by monday.

I would have gone for camskill If I hadn't been in such a hurry though, I'll remember them next time I need rubbers :)

I asked Camskill yesterday but they can't guarantee delivery before begining of next year anymore, while I'll get them from the french company by monday.

I would have gone for camskill If I hadn't been in such a hurry though, I'll remember them next time I need rubbers :)

I suppose that fair considering Xmas! I just use camskill because over in Ireland if you say 275 width to any tyre place over in Ireland they start grinning ear to ear ; they wanted 1300 for a set of Goodyear tyres when I can get the same ones delivered from Camskill for 6-700 euro

I also found this crowd ok, got tyres off these before http://www.pneus-online.com/ French company I presume plus http://www.eiretyres.com/ (german company)

I suppose that fair considering Xmas! I just use camskill because over in Ireland if you say 275 width to any tyre place over in Ireland they start grinning ear to ear ; they wanted 1300 for a set of Goodyear tyres when I can get the same ones delivered from Camskill for 6-700 euro

I also found this crowd ok, got tyres off these before http://www.pneus-online.com/ French company I presume plus http://www.eiretyres.com/ (german company)

Yeah I know Xmas-time is not doing me a favor delivery-wise.....

Anyway, as to eiretyres, it's a german company (Delticom), same as mytyres = 123pneu(france) = reifendirekt(germany)

In a nutshell, this company got sued by the other one you are mentioning (pneus-online.com) for they used a similar, misleading url (more infos here http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=123pneu%20germany&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CHQQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caselex.com%2Fexample_pil&ei=dpj0ToGrEdLY8QPDlYHaAQ&usg=AFQjCNFsOrvOp4dGnu3UnkMoS-YpHTwFgQ&cad=rja).

This + the problem I got with them (see my "mytyres, stay away from them" thread, title speaks for itself) make me quite suspicious about the way this company is ran.

Back to the Proxes T1 S/R confusion, this is what I came upon......