The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Good results mate, i need to get on this ethanol thing, ryan mentioned it last time i was down there.

You should give it a try Si ... that ethanol realy transforms the cars behaviour under throttle. I wouldn't have imagined it to be that sick .... it really waits for you to floor the throttle and only wants to fly :D :d

Wow yeah that's a massive improvement, a nice spooling turbo that I bet it kicks hard at 3.5k rpm.

Videos are a must! :D

Videos will come mate: ;)

Yes, it really starts pulling very hard around 3.7k in 4th gear.

Good results mate, i need to get on this ethanol thing, ryan mentioned it last time i was down there.

When Ryan mapped my Supra, we had 760 rhhp on pump fuel @ 1.7 bar.

We then added the ethanol (50%), and only with more timing and without changing the boost, power climbed immediately to 819 rhhp!!

Ryan explained that the ethanol burns much more progressively and continously than pump gas, therefore the massive play he has with the timing once ethanol is used.

760 on pump gas at 1.7 bar :) Niceeeeeeeee results without doubt, mmm looking to start at 25 PSI for my 6766 and pump gas V-Power.

Here nobody sells ethanol in the gas stations, probably next year they start to sell E85. :(

Too much spin with pump gas map?

760 on pump gas at 1.7 bar :) Niceeeeeeeee results without doubt, mmm looking to start at 25 PSI for my 6766 and pump gas V-Power.

Here nobody sells ethanol in the gas stations, probably next year they start to sell E85. :(

Too much spin with pump gas map?

The problem is that the very bad pump fuel they sell in Luxembourg (around 1% of ethanol only) has not enough ethanol in it. Ryan started to get detonation above 1.7 bar, and the temps started to raise too much.

The ethanol helps to keep things cool, and we managed to max out the turbo at 840 rhhp on a 50% ethanol mix.

I will always run ethanol ... and never go below 20%. It's simply so much better for the engine.

You can even see it when checking the oil gauge ... the colour of the oil is still as new, even after some mls now since the oil change.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

I'm thinking about wrapping my Supra, as I want another colour.

I want a dark silver mat colour, and have been looking a bit in the net.

What do you guys think about this colour?

I'm open to suggestions ;)

Thanks

Luc

Is that BMW frozen grey? If so I prefer the stock silver. However if you fancy a change there's no harm in getting it wrapped.

Do you have any plans to change the skirts when wrapping?

Nothing to be done on the skirts for the moment. I know that VS is not most people's favourite, but their side skirts don't look too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Frozen grey is stunning. Check out what PWPro can do for some info: http://pwpro.co.uk/

Thanks Johnny ;)

Nothing to be done on the skirts for the moment. I know that VS is not most people's favourite, but their side skirts don't look too bad

True but if your going through the trouble of wrapping it, I'd swap the skirts while your at it :)

No worries dude.

Would love to see your car with BMW Frozen Grey body, carbon wrap roof section and a TRD rear spoiler with carbon wrapped blade. I think that would look awesome.

That would probably look ace mate.

Although, I still have problems with the TRD wing, as I find it personally too big and still prefer the stock one .... convince me :p :D

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra