The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sound damping pads

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof

Ok guys and girls. If you need to reduce road noise, shakes and rattles in the door or keep the DB from that bloody loud exhaust outside your car, then I have the answer.

Got a load of sound damping pads similar to those sold by Dynamat only these are a damn sight cheaper. Will bring a few to JAE and can put some in boxes and post out for those who want some but aren't going to JAE.

Each mat will be approximately the size of A4 paper and comes complete with a self adhesive backing. It is still recommended that you use a hot air gun to get a permanent bond to the car and full contact in curved or swaged areas.

!!!!!See E-bay for current costs of Dynamat!!!!

£1 per mat

£8 per 10 mats

£20 per 30 mats

Plus postage if neccessary.

I will have some with the foil laminate next week (for hot areas) and will update this post then.

PM me if you need some.

Cheers

Ray

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rays the roof

Due to the weather, I think I missed everyone at JAE for these.

Will PM you individually with payment details and alternative cost for upgraded pads.

Ray

Guest Rays the roof
So its Bodyline or flashing tape type stuff? It certainly is cheap but you will need a few layers to get it to the same dampening levels as Dynamat Xtreme, still works out cheaper tho

Only 1 layer of these are needed. Use foil laminated in areas of high temperature, over areas where cats are and transmission tunnel.

They are not flashing tape, but specifically developed for cars. They are used by Jaguar, Nissan, TOYOTA (LOL), Aston Martin and Landrover in the UK.

Roll up and grab a bargain. I need to pay for my private fitness instructor, so that I can acheive a personal best at next year's JAE.

Guest Rays the roof

These are 2.81kg per square metre and one square metre makes 16.67 sheets. So thirty sheets will be 5.06 kg (11.13lb).

Sorry I can't be more specific....

:rtfm:

Guest Rays the roof
I hope you're not talking about Alices box

No matter what the topic of the conversation, you always manage to bring it down to your level Dale!

:thanks:

Guest Rays the roof

Sorry mate. Am in Ireland for a week.

pm you cost and will get some posted to you by Colsoop

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.