The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sound damping pads

Guest Rays the roof

I fitted mine all over the boot floor and under the rear seats, i also took off the door cards front and rear and fitted them their paying close attention to the rear arches i doubled up the layers there. see attached pics.

They are very easy to fit, wipe down the area you are applying them to peel off the backing and stick it on,

I used a heat gun (the type used for wall paper stripping)to soften up the panels as that makes it easier to mould to the contours.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember off the top of my head how many i used, i will be doing the doors later on today if it stops raining and i will count them then.

But i have been driving round for a week without any plastic panels in the car and the noise from the exhaust was very droney, since fitting the damping pads it has become much quieter i also used to hear lots of stones flicking up under the arches but now i dont.

It will become even quieter when i refit the seats and all the plastic trim panels as well.

I think it has made things a lot quieter.

I am tempted to take the carpets out completely and do the front of the car as well :read:

• 3 weeks later...
Ray,

I paid for the Foil laminated ones and I got the normal ones through the post :shrug:

China

Did you get the above sorted china?

I am helping Ray to sell these pads as he has very limited access to the internet at the moment , I have 15 boxes containing 10 sheets measuring 200mm x 270 mm each.

£1 per mat

£8 per 10 mats

£20 per 30 mats

Postage is £5.00 per box (10 mats)

Unfortunately my car is in the bodyshop at the moment so i cant count how many pads it took me. :giveup:

I dont think it was more than 2 boxes though.

see pic for info on size (that is one box of 10 laid out)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.lewarn/pads.jpg

PM sent, I think it is sorted.

I used all 30 pads and I managed to cover the rear of the car and some of the inside skin of the rear side wings. car is heavier but then the sound from ICE is much better. quality of driver vs performance I guess. I will go on a diet :p

China

PM sent, I think it is sorted.

I used all 30 pads and I managed to cover the rear of the car and some of the inside skin of the rear side wings. car is heavier but then the sound from ICE is much better. quality of driver vs performance I guess. I will go on a diet :p

China

Did you send a pm to me?? :shrug:

I have 45 Lightweight Sound deadening pads as used in the Aston Martin DB9.

The dimensions for the 45 is approximately 150" x 128 "

The cost is

£35 delivered for the lot !(enough to do the rear seats and some of the boot)

PM me for details.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rays the roof

Got some lightweight available now. Theses are used by Aston Martin, Jaguar and VW and give comparable deadening properties to conventional pads at 40% less weight. Ideal for minimising performance loss.

Contact Colsoop.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.