The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So what's my car worth.

hodge

Why is it that recently a few of you guys that have invested so much time and $$ on singleT. projects want to sell up as soon as the project is completed?

Is it maybe because of pressure from either the partner or self concious of the financial comitment that it took and will continue because you guys have a hunger to continue to modify. Or could it be because what you guys really get a kick out off is modifying; rather then owning a high peformance car and once the project is complete you need to search for another project?

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I would sell would be to try and achieve more...

With each car I've had I've tried pushing the barriers to the max.

The great thing about a Supra is that it's in almost every way the perfect platform car. Power/Looks/Presence there's not much that can actually beat it.

The only car I see as a step up would be a Gallardo TT...

Hodge your car would be a bargain at £25k.

You would probably have to sell at that sort of amount though, considering the climate at the moment...

It's a shame that we can't get the same sort of money that the Americans do for theirs...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I would sell would be to try and achieve more...

With each car I've had I've tried pushing the barriers to the max.

The great thing about a Supra is that it's in almost every way the perfect platform car. Power/Looks/Presence there's not much that can actually beat it.

The only car I see as a step up would be a Gallardo TT...

Hodge your car would be a bargain at £25k.

You would probably have to sell at that sort of amount though, considering the climate at the moment...

It's a shame that we can't get the same sort of money that the Americans do for theirs...

Good post :thumbs:

I'd imagine in the states you'd be getting roughly $60,000 for it!

It's hard to say really. I love the car to bits and can't see myself selling in the near future, but ill have to grow up sometime. But I'm not in a hurry to do that that's for sure.

No no no boys never have to grow up, it is one of the advantages of being a bloke. Keep it!

I have been thinking about what i could sell mine as well even though its only at BPU but im frightened it will be very low..lol Owned mine for 6 years now and kinda thinking of something else but like allot of us i don't think i could part with it... If i decide to keep it for longer it will be going single anyways

Yours must be worth Min 25k mate

I have been thinking about what i could sell mine as well even though its only at BPU but im frightened it will be very low..lol Owned mine for 6 years now and kinda thinking of something else but like allot of us i don't think i could part with it... If i decide to keep it for longer it will be going single anyways

Yours needs a single conversion to finish her off. She's a beaut :cool:

Single it micheal you've got to experience it mate.

Probably will do mate, really still love driven her and there is nothing i really want out there anyways..well maybe a R34 LOL

They do look great if there styled right but there too long for me. It's got to be an R35 GTR for me if the Supra went.

The weird and wonderful circumstance of this scenario is that our club has seen several dozen guys spend circa 20-60k in the last few months on their projects and yet everyone seems to get horribly nervous when a for-sale thread appears asking for 25k. The number of car projects implemented in this year alone proves beyond all doubt that there is still money out there (or at least where people are prepared to spend money whether it be theirs, or borrowed).

I make no excuse when I say that I would spend 25K+ all day long (as I did with my Supra) if it meant me saving 20-60K and getting a pre-built machine to the standard of John's, Jamie's, Kevin's, etc; however, this is just the right thing to do for my own personal circumstances in terms of me satisfying my conscience.

I know full well that there is an obsessive buzz amongst us true enthusiasts about the practice of car modifying, but personally speaking; I have my feet firmly planted on the ground where my 'guilt-ometer' allows me to safeguard my bank account against the continuous rush to spend money on power upgrades, or in some cases, the need to be seen to be top dog. I would absolutely hate to be in a position where I had expended 40-100k on a car and yet the best possible financial return on resale would only reach 20-26k.

That would gut the life out of me in terms of me thinking that I could have spent the money on securing my future more effectively.

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

The weird and wonderful circumstance of this scenario is that our club has seen several dozen guys spend circa 20-60k in the last few months on their projects and yet everyone seems to get horribly nervous when a for-sale thread appears asking for 25k. The number of car projects implemented in this year alone proves beyond all doubt that there is still money out there (or at least where people are prepared to spend money whether it be theirs, or borrowed).

I make no excuse when I say that I would spend 25K+ all day long (as I did with my Supra) if it meant me saving 20-60K and getting a pre-built machine to the standard of John's, Jamie's, Kevin's, etc; however, this is just the right thing to do for my own personal circumstances in terms of me satisfying my conscience.

I know full well that there is an obsessive buzz amongst us true enthusiasts about the practice of car modifying, but personally speaking; I have my feet firmly planted on the ground where my 'guilt-ometer' allows me to safeguard my bank account against the continuous rush to spend money on power upgrades, or in some cases, the need to be seen to be top dog. I would absolutely hate to be in a position where I had expended 40-100k on a car and yet the best possible financial return on resale would only reach 20-26k.

That would gut the life out of me in terms of me thinking that I could have spent the money on securing my future more effectively.

A voice of reason.

Joking aside John, I'd happily pay £30k for your motor if I thought I could justify it to the missus.

I could plough hours of time and 000's of pounds into mine, but some people have a knack of producing great motors.

I know deep down that £30k would be a bargain for the quick win. :)