The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Numbers, FWHP/RWHP/RHHP

JamieP

from what i heard they (dyno jet always read higher), i guess the lower the power the closer it will be but when your talking bigger power then it increases a lot more on a dynojet.

the dynamics are known as the heartbreaker as they read lower (is it a true figure as opposed to the higher reading dynojet ? who knows) the dynamics might be wrong or the dynojet could be the correct figure.

but ET and QM the black dyno always gives an indication.

here is a little read on some same car comparisions also and other debates

http://forums.evolutionm.net/vendor-announcements/503390-dyno-dynamics-vs-dynojet.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/95056-interesting-dyno-factoids-dyno-dynamics-mustang-dynojet.html

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/269766-heatbreak-dyno-any-experience-dyno-dynamics.html

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spotted this calculator, not sure how they got there info but my 1132 rhhp =

943 rwhp for a dyno dynamics.

1099 for a dynojet.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/dyno.htm

I still think hub bhp is pretty close to flywheel power, add 15% to the dyno dynamics number and it getting close to my hub figure.

Anyone that is adding 15%+ to a hub figure is dreaming imo.

One has to just roll about laughing how this supposedly high tech, mega expensive power and torque measuring equipment has to have different physics books for each device, in each country ;) BHP and ft lbs is not like an indigenous language, and changes on different shore lines. If people believe this bull, then more fool them.

-

Just spotted this calculator, not sure how they got there info but my 1132 rhhp =

943 rwhp for a dyno dynamics.

1099 for a dynojet.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/dyno.htm

I still think hub bhp is pretty close to flywheel power, add 15% to the dyno dynamics number and it getting close to my hub figure.

Anyone that is adding 15%+ to a hub figure is dreaming imo.

Good find that :)

One has to just roll about laughing how this supposedly high tech, mega expensive power and torque measuring equipment has to have different physics books for each device, in each country ;) BHP and ft lbs is not like an indigenous language, and changes on different shore lines. If people believe this bull, then more fool them.

Although it should be an exact science as it's a direct measurement it never seems to work out that way (I have no clue as to why that is). You can see from the results Jamie got from the calculator that Dyno Dyanamics gets one figure and Dynojet gets another on the same setup.

Edit, Just stuck in 400whp at dyno dynamics and got..

466 Dynojet

480 Dynapack

So there is a fair difference there, the over the water thing most likely comes from a certain type of dyno being used over here vs a certain type being preferred in other countries.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Couldn't agree more lol

Rolling road figures where tyres drive rollers started as an inexact science, and then, exacerbated by greedy and unscrupulous tuners, in the seventies, to an art form of lies and befuddlement. And it has become even worse since ;) In all the years I have been interested in Supras I can count the number of big spend engine builds tested on a proper engine dyno on less than one hand. Bizarre how a basic common or garden engine like a Vauxhall XE engine has a huge database of proper engine dyno power figures, stock to wild, yet people with Supras will spend more on a body kit than proper engine power readings for meaningful development purposes.

Dyno results always make for a great debate :D The over seas readings being hugely different is a load of rubbish for the most imo.

Dyno makers dont make one dyno for europe and another for america, they are slightly different as european dynos are set to DIN and US ones are set to SAE, its only something like 0.1% different iirc.

I dont see the need for using an engine dyno myself, Id rather keep the money in the bank.

Dyno results always make for a great debate :D The over seas readings being hugely different is a load of rubbish for the most imo.

Dyno makers dont make one dyno for europe and another for america, they are slightly different as european dynos are set to DIN and US ones are set to SAE, its only something like 0.1% different iirc.

I dont see the need for using an engine dyno myself, Id rather keep the money in the bank.

Am I right in saying SRR is Dyno Dynamics? That would go along with my thinking that SRR is one of the lower reading dynos vs the higher reading ones that the higher figures generally come from.

I'd better hope it's not a dynapack now :D

Yes SRR is dyno dynamics, trouble with rolling roads is the strapping makes a huge difference, i watched Ryan make another 40bhp on my V8 supra just by letting the straps off a couple of clicks, thats why i like hub dynos, the figures are spot on the same each and every time i go there.