The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smashed up supra on motorway cops BBC 1 NOW

Supra-Brett

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just watched the show and tbh im pissed off with there attitude about the whole thing, i wasent speeding and didnt overtake any1.

The car slid on ice and hit the bank then continued to roll over ???? nothing like the other driver said lol.

But yes it was on the 27th november last year so 11 months ago and the police never bothered to question me about anything, all they did was send a letter to say they not taking any further action (cheeky gits) i should hope not, the only thing i did wrong was change my number plate around slightly lol.

Thing is with cars like ours as soon as they see them crashed people automatically persume its down to speed or bad driving, 2 mins before they was saying just how cold it was and there was ice all on the back spoiler, i really should have used my 4x4 jeep instead of the supra but shit happens lol.

Next time ill pose for the camera if im not dead or on a spinal board.

Anyone we know. It looks like he did a fair old job of destroying a stripped out, rollcaged, carbon fibre bonneted Supra. The witness in the car he passed on the slip road said he banged out into the middle lane and started to spin as he accelerated away, catching some air, rolling into the bank and back onto the carriageway.

Police officer reckoned the rollcage saved his life.

Funny you should say that mate. Whilst I was watching it I said to the Mrs remember how mine used to spin up on a damp road. Bet he was driving normally and the back end let go.

Spot on! I remember following Bignum at the Midlands Gumball in 2006 with Littlenum behind. I think Simon slid a little on the wettish gravel but held, I followed at about 40mph tops and the back end just completely slid out on me on the bend. The auto downshift didnt help but nonetheless didn't expect this. A 360 later and I was up the kerb and punctured my Rad/FMIC. Still glad all is well Little Num, even though it was a year ago!

missed all this,wheres the guy who give lectures on speeding sure he will have something to day about this although i was kinda hoping it was him.hope whoever it was is ok like

he stated he never does this kind of thing,it would have made my evening

Wow nice guy ..... I am not getting into a debate over this as your not worth wasting precious oxygen over but I never said I don't speed but I didn't expect you to read properly what had been posted.

I was only commenting that doing nearly twice the speed limit on back roads to the point you were losing control was highly irresponsible and dangerous. But your mentality and attitude to it was callous and I got the feeling you couldn't care less if you hit someone. We have all stretched the cars legs a bit but there are times and places to do so but I deem your judgement to be poor at when this is. Have a nice life I hope I never have to meet you :)

missed all this,wheres the guy who give lectures on speeding sure he will have something to day about this although i was kinda hoping it was him.hope whoever it was is ok like

I wouldn't expect a comment like that from a child.

Wow nice guy ..... I am not getting into a debate over this as your not worth wasting precious oxygen over but I never said I don't speed but I didn't expect you to read properly what had been posted.

I was only commenting that doing nearly twice the speed limit on back roads to the point you were losing control was highly irresponsible and dangerous. But your mentality and attitude to it was callous and I got the feeling you couldn't care less if you hit someone. We have all stretched the cars legs a bit but there are times and places to do so but I deem your judgement to be poor at when this is. Have a nice life I hope I never have to meet you :)

:goodpost: :)

Link ? I love a good read :D