The mkiv Supra Owners Club

garage dimensions for parking the supra?

supraGZaerotop

My garage is 4.7 Metres long and 1.9 Metres wide, well its wider but there are work benches at the back and to the left. As they are forecasting another bad winter I think I am going to try and squeeze it in and put some thought into how I will get out when its in :) Thankfully there is a side patio door on the side on the garage so will see how things go.

My garage would be fine if it wasn't for the pillar holding up the front corner of the house. My routine is:

Drive in

Lower drivers window

Switch off

Steering wheel off

Open door

Stand on sill

swing left leg over door onto the floor

Repeat with right leg

Turn on ignition

Close window

Remove key

Shut door

I just know it's going to get worse once the cage goes in! Might have to leave the drivers door bar off.

With all that messing about maybe I should just paint it orange and put a confederate flag on the roof.....

lets just hope the battery doesn't go flat after a couple of weeks holiday:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same task ahead. Just bought a new build house with garage and the first thing I did was measure the space available.

Thing is, it seemed very tight and my Micra only just fits,... so now I'm doubting my measurements,... and of course, my girlfriend filled the garage with exercise bikes and junk before I even got a chance to test fit the Supra.

We've made a deal now,... She gets the spare bedroom as an office + full use or the garden to do with as she pleases,... and I get the Supra garaged.

Just hope it fits!

Mine fit's width ways (with about a foot's gap to open the door so i've got a sponge on the wall to cushion the door edge). It was 1/2 inch too long though so the garage door wouldn't close fully. Ended up getting an external fitted electronic roller door so now *just* fits but is protected from the winter :)

Hey, guess what. Planners won't count a garage as a car parking space if all you can fit in is a car, and no other stuff like garden tools etc. Thats great, a space that fits a car is not classed as a car park space. You can make it count however if you have a garden shed as well for storage.

I mention this for those planning on extensions, as extra bedrooms require extra parking spaces.

I have exactly the same task ahead. Just bought a new build house with garage and the first thing I did was measure the space available.

Thing is, it seemed very tight and my Micra only just fits,... so now I'm doubting my measurements,... and of course, my girlfriend filled the garage with exercise bikes and junk before I even got a chance to test fit the Supra.

We've made a deal now,... She gets the spare bedroom as an office + full use or the garden to do with as she pleases,... and I get the Supra garaged.

Just hope it fits!

i know where your coming from buying a new build house, but believe me, if its standard 6.8ft door and opens to 8ft inside, your supra will fit nice and snug, JUST LOL. no room at ALL for exercise bikes tho, tell her she'l have to keep them in her spare bedroom with her:-)