Xzarik

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is one beautiful car...

Anyways i've taken everyone's advice and got out of the sale.

After a chat with the parents and my brother in law, i've gone and put a deposit down on this --> http://pistonheads.com/sales/3235444.htm

It was my second choice for a while, and with 12 months guarantee, free delivery and £3,650 I think i've got a good deal. I'm much happier buying from a dealer, and job constraints mean that I can't go anywhere during the week or the weekend!

Pleasesomeonereassureme!

So... so.... SO GLAD that you all approve!

Yeah Paul Brown looked pretty respectable, service was great and the guy I talked to (whilst not Paul himself) was very friendly and helpful.

The mileage is 78k, far below the other one. I'm feeling much better, thanks for the advice everyone.

So... so.... SO GLAD that you all approve!

Yeah Paul Brown looked pretty respectable, service was great and the guy I talked to (whilst not Paul himself) was very friendly and helpful.

The mileage is 78k, far below the other one. I'm feeling much better, thanks for the advice everyone.

Out of interest, how many miles is my old Supra showing?

seems a much better buy than the red one,

Much better buy, the other one sounds like about £1000 tops, to be honest. It would have stood you well over £4K even just putting right what you knew about it!

from what chris wilson just said, you just got out of a nightmare with the red one ;)

I could cry at those comments, I put so much love into that car, yes it had a couple of niggles when I sold it but paint condition wise it was fantastic, even Michel Lane said it was the reddest red Supra he had ever seen, most fade and go off but I polished it once a month, waxed it every week and washed it about 4 times a week. I think the car is cursed though, I ploughed rediculous amounts into fixing it all the time:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?165937-Woo-Hoo-car-is-finally-running.

I could cry at those comments, I put so much love into that car, yes it had a couple of niggles when I sold it but paint condition wise it was fantastic, even Michel Lane said it was the reddest red Supra he had ever seen, most fade and go off but I polished it once a month, waxed it every week and washed it about 4 times a week. I think the car is cursed though, I ploughed rediculous amounts into fixing it all the time:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?165937-Woo-Hoo-car-is-finally-running.

Looks like the next owner didnt give it the love you did :(

Marc, your old supra was about 122k. It was still a beautiful car don't get me wrong and i fell in love with it as soon as I saw it... But up close I don't think the current owner was as good with bodywork as you. He had the know-how to fix the mechanical stuff himself but that may have been the problem as I don't.

The silver one with 78k won't have anything done to it except new wheels. I might make the dash a bit nicer depending on the condition, but panels tend to fade and as it's in factory condition I expect there's some things I'll want to do. Oh also in memory of marcs red'un I might spray it red, as this will be the first car I've owned which isn't red and I don't think I can live with that! Red cars go faster.

It arrives tomorrow at 1700 and I'm very excited!

Marc, your old supra was about 122k. It was still a beautiful car don't get me wrong and i fell in love with it as soon as I saw it... But up close I don't think the current owner was as good with bodywork as you. He had the know-how to fix the mechanical stuff himself but that may have been the problem as I don't.

The silver one with 78k won't have anything done to it except new wheels. I might make the dash a bit nicer depending on the condition, but panels tend to fade and as it's in factory condition I expect there's some things I'll want to do. Oh also in memory of marcs red'un I might spray it red, as this will be the first car I've owned which isn't red and I don't think I can live with that! Red cars go faster.

It arrives tomorrow at 1700 and I'm very excited!

Good stuff. Glad you left the red one well alone and went with the silver one.

Hope it's all you want it to be :)

She arrived... And she's beautiful. Stock in every way bar radio head unit and runs like a dream. Only thing thrown up on the MOT was the rear tyre tread, but they put some good seconds on to see it through.

It's been a mental couple of days away from t'internet but I'll post a couple of pics once my friends send them up to me!

She arrived... And she's beautiful. Stock in every way bar radio head unit and runs like a dream. Only thing thrown up on the MOT was the rear tyre tread, but they put some good seconds on to see it through.

It's been a mental couple of days away from t'internet but I'll post a couple of pics once my friends send them up to me!

Glad you've got her :)

Looking forward to the pics!

Regarding the Red car;

It belongs to a forum member, and is certainly not a shed. It's had a lot of care and attention while in his ownership that I know of, including a recent heater matrix change (that I helped with) and a new front bumper. It also sounds fantastic.

He fancies a change, and wants a quick sale which is why I suspect he's selling with the work needing to be done. For someone who wants to buy a Supra show car, it's a good base.