The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought my first Supra at 19!

chris blackwell

Wow, loads of comments thanks guys!

Well the tyres are pzero's all round, i presume there bomex spats yes. The insurance is ALOT and no im not well off haha but its well worth it. I will respect her and more pictures to come :)

Previous cars have been mk4 golfs, mk2 golf, seat ibiza, renault clio, ford focus, some old mini's...honda civic..plenty of cars but nothing that even gets close to a supra! not crashed any of my previous cars btw just like swapping to different cars, i get bored easily....hopefully not this time.

Cant wait to meet up with some of you guys and see your supra's...any small meets in chesterfield in the near future?

Well the tyres are pzero's all round

that's good, I only mentioned it as the supra deserves good tyres, needs them to inspire confidence and give good stability especially in the wet..............some tyres can make the supra a bit skittish to a downright liability!

Previous cars have been mk4 golfs, mk2 golf, seat ibiza, renault clio, ford focus, some old mini's...honda civic..plenty of cars but nothing that even gets close to a supra!

had some old mini's back in the day myself.............I'm sure you'll be fine with the Supra, you sound a sensible 19! .......initially i'd just go steady anytime it's wet, in the dry I think you have to be certifiable to get into any real trouble but in the wet is where it can catch you out.

Yeah im gonna get some new rubber on her all round and get the tracking sorted. Other than that shes good to go! Yeah already experienced it in the wet, it can be a bit of a handful in the wrong hands but i think i'll manage just fine.

I'm planning on changing the bodykit as I like the more "standard" supra look and not a massive fan of the wheels too but i think for now im just gonna get some more miles on it. (only done 46,000!!)

309656_10150372163997755_786527754_9717670_174997011_n.jpg

Yeah im gonna get some new rubber on her all round and get the tracking sorted. Other than that shes good to go! Yeah already experienced it in the wet, it can be a bit of a handful in the wrong hands but i think i'll manage just fine.

I'm planning on changing the bodykit as I like the more "standard" supra look and not a massive fan of the wheels too but i think for now im just gonna get some more miles on it. (only done 46,000!!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139580[/ATTACH]

Looks pretty tidy, quite a few of us here are fans of the stock look :)

I'll try arranging my next visit to Chesterfield around a meet, looks like quite a few of you there (My in-laws live there).

• 1 month later...

Well the tyres are pzero's all round, i presume there bomex spats yes. The insurance is ALOT and no im not well off haha but its well worth it. I will respect her and more pictures to come :)

Previous cars have been mk4 golfs, mk2 golf, seat ibiza, renault clio, ford focus, some old mini's...honda civic..plenty of cars but nothing that even gets close to a supra! not crashed any of my previous cars btw just like swapping to different cars, i get bored easily....hopefully not this time.

Cant wait to meet up with some of you guys and see your supra's...any small meets in chesterfield in the near future?

I don't know about small meets but there is a meet at hooters bar in Nottingham on the 3rd December and there a few from Chesterfield going.

Welcome mate.

Good choice with the supe, looks good, insurance seems high though i got my first n/a at 20 and was paying much less than $2k with only 2 years accelerated bonus with Elephant (part of admiral group), may be worth plugging your details in online!

If you do get bored i'd recommend a uk spec, twin turbo fun with lower insurance premiums than the n/a's.

How are paying such a low premium?
had to do some thing that i aint proud of :innocent:

lol i joke, i joke.

I have no idea how. Im with Aviva and have been with my last 2 cars since i got my license. Still paying £700ish a year for my Mini which is still expensive overall. Running 2 cars on a part-time job is a terrible idea

Edited by Ross C (see edit history)