The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Custom Headlight Intake (PicHeavy)

Noz

A custom air box :O that would be the nuts. Have you got any pics of custom air boxes? This could be my next project? :)

My initial thought would be redesign the front section of the airbox and integrate the snorkel under the headlamp into the centre and having it actually fit in the cut out on the headlamp.

That would be perfect for a lamp without main beam. Would save loads of time making the rear of the air box. Would require a different design for stock headlights, and maybe a different design for a trumpet cold feed intake for a third input into the air box.

I think they would have to be made to order, stock lights, aftermarket cold air feed etc, or even induction headlight.

sweet soarer air box. ive seen the carbon air boxes before, i had some input in possibly making one. the design would be fun, but making it from carbon would be a right pita.

i think making an airbox that would run an external cold air feed would be the best thing to do, as anyone can get a trumpet and ducting, where as making it designed for a mainbeam-less light or induction headlight replacement might limit who would want it.

opinions?