The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What made you buy a supra over other cars?

skyline1

It was one of those really good days you never forget, there were probably ony 300 - 400 in the whole country so

most people had never seen one.

Sitting in it in the showroom was awesome :)

I can imagine :D I saw one in a car park in Norwich once, looked awesome back then

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yAlways wanted 1 since i saw the 1st Part of the Fast And The Furious in 2002 back then i was 13 yrs old.

Ive been driving since the age of 16 drove mostly every prestigious car my dads owned and had a pretty quick b18 civic turbo and even after that somewhere in my mind i had this craving for a Supra

but unfortunately they never sold them in India(my hometown). I came to UK to study and the first thing i did was got myself a supra

Hope to take it back to my country if the customs allow because they have very strict norms of cars being imported

if i get a green signal ill have to cough up 175% of the cars value(according to their books)

as the import duty itself

But getting behind the wheel of a supra is the best thing ever happned to me.

Looks + power.

I asked my brother, "I want something with power and looks". He said "at your age, it will be impossible to find something you can insure that has both. An MR2 will be your best bet".

Turns out I was able to afford a Supra, so I went for it.

Turns out that the Supra is one of the most stunning cars out there.

Other options were way too expensive to insure.

Thats one of the reasons I want a supra , my skyline is running 450bhp at the min and I'm not gonna be able to get more power out of it unless I do internal work and change the headgasket, the engine just ain't strong enough to take more power.

So how strong is the supra engine?

Just have a look at some of the build threads on here to see how far people going with a stock lump.

JamieP had some high but reliable figures :)