JakeG's SSI Single Turbo Build and Respray

JakeG

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arived home last night after a long long drive to pick it up, it drives brilliant, first time I have drove a 6speed and its really amazing to drive, cruising along the motorway was no problem and I even noticed that it used far less fuel than my 5speed would have

• 1 month later...

Then repairing them

while i left them to set i pulled the scuttle panel off

There was some amount of tar stuck to the engine crossmember i needed to get off

Stiil unsure what colour im going with the dash, dont want to colour code it so i might go with a Gloss Black keeping to the Copper/Black theme :)

Yeehaa mate remember the more attention to detail now the better the finish :) is the glass out of the boot lid?

Yea it is, all glass is coming out, although I broke the passenger side quarter glass taking it out lol Im very impatient when it involves cutting sealant

looking good jake and i managed to break the same quarter glass on mine when she was getting done, the slightest bit of pressure and bang.

It really does go bang like, and there supposed to be shatter proof lol tiny bit of pressure and bang, I was covered in glass

• 4 weeks later...
so whens she gonna be reeady for paint matey? really wanna see what the copper colour looks like :) get on it mannnn!

Just havnt had time to get at it lately mate, the engine is here, It only took 3weeks to arive from Canada, so now that the engine is here its pushing me now to get the car painted, I'm calling the arch roller next week to come do the arches then hoping to get the car into primer end of next week :)

• 2 months later...
The amount of water that was inside the wing was crazy lol

I had that same problem taking mine off the other day. Came out into my boot like a hose pipe after removing that first bolt inside the boot lid lol.

Project coming along nicely :)