The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One Mile Event?

JamieP

I failed the noise limit last time i went to brunters and was not allowed on track, i have a quiet back box i can use if i want to reduce the noise some but im not going to the agro of plumbing the wastegates in, a trip to europe might be fun next year, im just in the process of buying a trailer.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed the noise limit last time i went to brunters and was not allowed on track, i have a quiet back box i can use if i want to reduce the noise some but im not going to the agro of plumbing the wastegates in, a trip to europe might be fun next year, im just in the process of buying a trailer.

if youve got atmo screamer mate then yeah i guess not, mine vent back into the exhaust.

We received an email at the start of the month from a chap called Mike Valentine who is running 1/4 mile runs and top speed runs at Dishforth Airfield in North Yorkshire on 1st October in aid of Help for Heroes.

Entry fee will be £10 per car and the event will run 0900-2100. The £10 entry gets you 1 x 1/4 and 1 x top speed run there after the runs will be £2.50 each or 5 for £10, we definitely have no noise restrictions as we are and active airfield, one thing im trying to organise is a top speed race between possibly a high powered car and 1 of our lynx helicopters. Camping will be available also.

Unfortunately none of the local Event Organisers have come forward to take a look at this :rolleyes:, so if anybody is interested and wants the contact number/email just drop me a PM.

We received an email at the start of the month from a chap called Mike Valentine who is running 1/4 mile runs and top speed runs at Dishforth Airfield in North Yorkshire on 1st October in aid of Help for Heroes.

Unfortunately none of the local Event Organisers have come forward to take a look at this :rolleyes:, so if anybody is interested and wants the contact number/email just drop me a PM.

I don't think it gets much better than that. What an absolute bargain, and for a great cause. Win win!

Blimey, that sounds good.

one thing im trying to organise is a top speed race between possibly a high powered car and 1 of our lynx helicopters.

You NEED to do this lol. A video of that could make for one of the best supra video's about :D

Could also be a first ever. Never heard of a supra racing a chopper before?? :eyebrows:

Id love to but im not doing anything else till i get the 9 second 1/4 im after, 1st of october is one of the dates i want to run at the pod, great to find a place with no noise limits though.

Going wildly off topic here, but I did notice in the vids of your car that the springs rebound a lot on your runs. They are supposed to be soft but not rebound, so the car squats and stays squat. You probably knew that and I just remembered it now when you talked about 9sec 1/4s, but thought it worth a mention. Could also explain why the car misbehaves and makes it seem like the clutch has problems.

Going wildly off topic here, but I did notice in the vids of your car that the springs rebound a lot on your runs. They are supposed to be soft but not rebound, so the car squats and stays squat. You probably knew that and I just remembered it now when you talked about 9sec 1/4s, but thought it worth a mention. Could also explain why the car misbehaves and makes it seem like the clutch has problems.

I had hoped i would get away with using the teins JB, sadly not, I'm fitting my hks drag shocks now though so that sorts that issue out.

The clutch 100% has issues, I'm hopeful its a hydraulic problem and not the clutch itself, will know more in a few days, if it is the clutch itself i will most likely just put the car away for winter.

That sounds like a lot of fun. If others are going to do it, I'd be up for that :)

That sounds like a lot of fun. If others are going to do it, I'd be up for that :)

and therein lies the problem, it needs somebody to organise it all with Mike Valentine and tell those who are interested where and when to be.

If nobody picks it up then nobody gets to go.

and therein lies the problem, it needs somebody to organise it all with Mike Valentine and tell those who are interested where and when to be.

If nobody picks it up then nobody gets to go.

Isn't there a mod here whose job it is to do this kind of stuff?