The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amazed at the poor customer service from Sky Insurance

DodgyRog

my two pence for what its worth - Sky have always been good from a customer service point of view and I have never had any problems with them. I infact spoke with someone there today and with my renewal coming up in a couple of months I openly advised him that I would be checking the market at renewal. As a general insurance broker myself I explained that I would want my client base to give plenty of notice for me too, he accepted and appreciated this and said they would do their best for me at renewal with these prices skyrocketting.

Have Sky considered making a move to be able to provide a cherished/classic car policy for those of us that meet the criteria - it certainly is something that I would be interested in.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my two pence for what its worth - Sky have always been good from a customer service point of view and I have never had any problems with them. I infact spoke with someone there today and with my renewal coming up in a couple of months I openly advised him that I would be checking the market at renewal. As a general insurance broker myself I explained that I would want my client base to give plenty of notice for me too, he accepted and appreciated this and said they would do their best for me at renewal with these prices skyrocketting.

Have Sky considered making a move to be able to provide a cherished/classic car policy for those of us that meet the criteria - it certainly is something that I would be interested in.

Have you not read the thread? Have you seen the post that Jae put up?

I've been reading this as I'm insured with Sky at the moment.

I was insured with Sky with my first Supra with no problems and was impressed by the friendly service. I then sold the Supra and owned other cars for a few years before buying another Supra. My first call was to Sky and to be honest, nobody else came close. It was also very nice to be told 'Welcome back' and to genuinely feel missed!

I admit that having read this thread, I'm hoping the quality of service and commitment to the customer that I have experienced to date is not slipping.

Working in a customer facing environment myself, I would want to know straight away why a customer was leaving me and not using my services again. It is fact that some customers may find a better deal elsewhere that genuinely cannot be beaten but in such cases, if the customer feels valued he may well still try again next year - you've already indicated yourself that a car/circumstances can change a lot in a year.

So there you are - sort of positive feedback for Sky but at the same time I felt it necessary to voice my concerns.

Thanks also for the feedback, it is nice some customers/former customers/members have come out of the woodwork to address the balance of this thread. I do hope that people posting the negative feedback to take note of the fact we do receive praise at times as well.

Working in a customer facing environment myself, I would want to know straight away why a customer was leaving me and not using my services again.

Out of the feedback given by the OP, what you say here is the main part we are also disappointed by, we will be looking into and dealing with this. We realise that we cannot retain every renewal but our renewal retention rate is incredibly high for a company in our business sector and we do like to see anyone leaving us.

Hi again,

tracking back a little, I do apologise you did not receive a call back on that same day, unfortunately our renewals manager left early through sickness and left David in the office on his own. Looking at his phone log he tried to call you on the 3rd (day after) and then sent a letter to you on the 5th and called again on the 9th before you spoke to us on the 11th. We are also as disappointed as you are that the member of staff you spoke to on the 11th did not more of an effort to retain your business.

Last edited by SkyInsurance; Today at 17:15.

Sorry I missed this or it was edited after I read it

To be fair imi, we are not looking for an apology, we just want to resolve Roger's query.

The apology was really for David, but as I said it was the feeling I ended the call with and if I was wrong due to my lack of concerntration on the call, that is why I would hold my hands up and apologise to him

It does not excuse the lack of call back or total lack of concern I was taking my business elsewhere (poor customer service to me personally, which is why the thread was raised not just for a feeling I got rightly or wrongly after the 1st call) I didn't start this thread until after I had spoken to someone at Sky and cancelled the renewal

Thanks also for the feedback, it is nice some customers/former customers/members have come out of the woodwork to address the balance of this thread. I do hope that people posting the negative feedback to take note of the fact we do receive praise at times as well.

Out of the feedback given by the OP, what you say here is the main part we are also disappointed by, we will be looking into and dealing with this. We realise that we cannot retain every renewal but our renewal retention rate is incredibly high for a company in our business sector and we do like to see anyone leaving us.

I would like to say and believe I have already, up until my last renewal, I have been happy with Sky

Ollie I am not sure Jae's piece is relevant to my renewal, I can't be 100% sure, but will check tomorrow, I don't think my policy is a Classic or Cherished

As you know, my Supra is a daily driver and as such I need a decent mileage policy

As I mentioned earlier

The £398 is for unlimited mileage, includes European (Dragonball hopefully next year) travel for 4 weeks, £250 excess, £50 windscreen, Like for like all mods declared including the extensive bodywork and £2000 wheels, lost keys cover upto £200, no claims protection and legal cover, also the wife is on the policy and I am cover for other peoples cars 3rd party Fire + Theft, parked on drive over night and used for daily commute

Last year I stayed with you after you matched a much lower quote I had, the reason I stayed was the customer service I had received over the years, but I can't justify to myself why I should stay with you when I am quoted high and I can't get the customer service I would expect. If this has all been a really bad run of events and I was just unlucky, then that is really unfortunate for us both, as I will be insured by APlan Thatcham as of tomorrow and at the moment still can't find a reason to come back next year. You never know you might be able to quote me HAPPY next year, but I won't be telling you how much my other quotes are and we will see

I would like to see a low quote/renewal from the off, without me having to spend ages phoning around. A renewal doesn't have to be particularly low, but just comparative to the amount you paid the previous year

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I'm still waiting for a reply to my pm from days ago.:rolleyes:

I think there has been a break down in communication here. I have replied to your PMs, I can only assume you are expecting me to provide a quoation based on the PM which only included very basic details and you are after a quote on a car you haven't bought yet and are not looking at buying for a few months. I think the breakdown in communication is, you are waiting for me to PM you a quote, I thought you were asking if we would be able to provide a quote for you, which I have already said yes we are willing to have a look at it. To clarify, I cannot quote by PM and if you are looking to go through a quotation we will need to speak to you on the phone to go through the details, in full

Thanks

Guest Mini_the_Minx

No, I wasn't expecting a quote via pm. You told me you had an underwriter/broker in that day and *might* be able to quote me due to my age and past driving experience. I was waiting for you to confirm whether you could quote me or not because of the above. It would be pointless me calling you for a quotation knowing your rules and telling the person on the other end of the phone 'Oh, well I was told that you might be able to do something even though your policy says differently'

No, I wasn't expecting a quote via pm. You told me you had an underwriter/broker in that day and *might* be able to quote me due to my age and past driving experience. I was waiting for you to confirm whether you could quote me or not because of the above. It would be pointless me calling you for a quotation knowing your rules and telling the person on the other end of the phone 'Oh, well I was told that you might be able to do something even though your policy says differently'

Hi,

I've just PM'd you, unfortunately we are unable to help.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Ollie / Jae: I don't suppose you have any more details regarding your proposed classic/cherished car scheme? In particular, will it include cars modded to single-turbo level, and do you know yet when the scheme might be available? Thanks.

(My insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month. I've been with Sky for several years, but I'm currently looking at alternative quotes as the renewal premium has come in a bit high.)

• 1 month later...
I've been insured for 5/6 years with Sky on the Supe and never had an problem with them. I expect to shop around on insurance and tell them what I've got elsewhere and they've always bettered the quote

But thats what your brokers supposed to do isn't ? (Sky)

I dont have to do this malarky with LWIB, i get their best quote 1st time and its been way better than the formentioned

broker who i used to be with on all my cars till the quotes got silly