The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2000 RZ-S VVTi TT Tiptronic Quicksilver £7,950 PRICE REDUCED :)

GJD

2000 RZ-S VVTi TT Tiptronic Quicksilver

After three fabulous years, the time has come for my Supra to move on to a new home.

It's a 2000 (X reg) RZ-S - so facelift body and VVTi engine - tiptronic auto in Quicksilver. In terms of performance and body, the car is completely standard apart from a first decat, giving 0.85 bar (measured by Whifbitz) and 277hp road wheels, 334hp flywheel (rolling road at last year's Wheels in Motion club meet). Other points to note:

It has the larger front brake option

Thatcham class 1 immobiliser fitted (I have the certificate and two key fobs)

Speedo conversion on import so everything reads in miles not km.

As well as Toyota dealer servicing while I've owned it, the car has had a full suspension geometry setup (by Wheels in Motion) November 2010, new brake pads and discs all round summer 2010 (8000 miles ago) and cambelt changed 2 years / 14000 miles ago. Fitted with Bridgestone RE050A tyres all round with decent tread remaining. (Actually - before anyone spots it in the photos :) - one of them was a different make at the time, but I've put a matching Bridgestone on now).

Any questions, contact me via pm or 07834 276395

77,000 miles. MoT May 2012. Tax October 2012. Looking for around £7,950.

Gavin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136876[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136877[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136878[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137523[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137530[/ATTACH]

I can vouch for how well this car is, I work on this when it's been in for a service at my place, beautiful car and Gavin is a true gent to deal with!

Sorry to see your selling Gavin, yours is one of 2 regular supra's that come into work now and the other isnt as nice and looked after as yours :(

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another free bumpette for a fellow RZ-S owner. :)

I hope you don't mind but I think you're underselling yourself. Mine's identical but a '98 spoilerless btw. How are you finding the new tyres Gavin? I'm looking to get some 19's to go over a big brake kit next year, as mine only has the standard fronts and the same stock wheels.

Come on guys, what more do you want; a topless model thrown in for free? This car will give you a stiffer ride any day! ;)

You've got traction control on/off, (best turned off), snow mode that limits the power so you literally can't crash it unless you're really trying and under normal driving conditions these cars are seriously hard to get out of shape, despite their fantastic low end torque. Manual engine braking with a light nudge of the gear knob to the right and a press of either side wheelmounted up/downshift button and you've got a sequential gearbox with shift prevention if the rev's are too high to downshift safely.

The insurance isn't that much more than an NA either. I paid about £480 last year with 10 yrs no claims, fully comp' and probably could have done better. I'm getting quotes for over £250 for a tiny 2001 599cc Smart Fortwo in comparison. :blink:

One test drive and you'll be sold. Trust me. Ground clearance isn't a problem either.

I was going to advertise mine but I just can't bring myself to do it; not for this money. This car would have been about £35,000 only ten short years ago and 77k miles is just about 'run in' on this legendary engine.

You won't need to modify it to get a real rush out of it either. That comes as standard. They're so well set up already and you don't need more power than this on the road; not unless you want to get banned, that is.

Turbo lag is very minimal and boost is very predictable and controllable, though the second turbo does come in all at once but only when you step on it and it's a very satisfying kick in the back, so to speak!

Whoever buys this one will feel born again after driving a 'normal' car or an NA of any kind, even another Supra. :)

Thanks for the supporting advert Morpheus :). I have to say I agree with everything you say about what the car's like to drive.

You said you're going to put some 19 inch wheels on yours. I actually prefer mine to drive on the stock 17s compared to the 19s I had before. They were a bit harsher and more prone to tramlining.

Thanks for the supporting advert Morpheus :). I have to say I agree with everything you say about what the car's like to drive.

You said you're going to put some 19 inch wheels on yours. I actually prefer mine to drive on the stock 17s compared to the 19s I had before. They were a bit harsher and more prone to tramlining.

You're welcome!

I know what you mean about the bigger wheels. My previous Supra had 18's and it tramlined terribly and was much rougher to drive over bumps but as far as going where you pointed it, the handling was like nothing else I've ever driven, except a kart. Infact, I'm not sure that was even as good!

It's purely because I have a pair of D2 8 pots that I want to fit unless I can get the £900 back by selling them. Won't be making any decisions for a good 6 months now anyway, as the insurance ran out so I'll be using my truck through the winter.

I think with this car, they got the balance perfect. It's just about the best possible compromise between speed, handling and comfort that I could imagine. They're very well set up.

Btw, I found that a 4 wheel alignment helped a lot with the tramlining on the other car, even with bigger wheels. It was as twitchy as ***k and was miles out of spec'. I've not had this one checked yet, as it tracks so straight.

Don't lower your price anymore, as it's more a matter of timing than price. If you can't afford £8k, you don't want it badly enough or don't know how good it is stock, so leave it to someone who will keep it stock and appreciate it for not being messed about with. Frankly, that should come at a premium by itself, given the number of modded Supras with no records of the work carried out. Too many amateur electricians out there.

I'd have no hesitation myself, if I didn't already own one!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.