The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the deal with classic car insurance?

l33wgn

i used confused.coms classic search engine, i will get the company up now. had to change my age though so i was already 25

edit: company is called sure term direct and fully comp with a 250 vol excess comes in at £129.11

cant wait until october now

i used confused.coms classic search engine, i will get the company up now. had to change my age though so i was already 25

edit: company is called sure term direct and fully comp with a 250 vol excess comes in at £129.11

I've just filled out there classic online policy and got a quote of £750 on a £3000 NA with £600 excess and thats with me having 8 yrs NCB, no convictions and 50 yrs old !

you sure that wasn't a monthly rate? I can't believe that the supra would even fall under the classic category.

you sure that wasn't a monthly rate? I can't believe that the supra would even fall under the classic category.

There are lots of Supras that are on classic policies. My TT is with Lynbrook at £293.00. I can't believe that any insurance company would cover a car for that or £129.00 for that matter. I would speak to Sure Term over the phone and not trust an on line quote. There is nearly always a catch.

H.

There are lots of Supras that are on classic policies. My TT is with Lynbrook at £293.00. I can't believe that any insurance company would cover a car for that or £129.00 for that matter. I would speak to Sure Term over the phone and not trust an on line quote. There is nearly always a catch.

H.

Mine is insured with Lynbrook too. exactly the same price as yours :-)

Paul.

The company that quoted £750 on confused have just called me to see if i want the cover on the NA lol

I said i doubt it mate unless you can do it for under £150, the guy actually laughed and said sorry

mate we cant get anywhere near that

H.

Mine is insured with Lynbrook too. exactly the same price as yours :-)

Paul.

Hang on a minute. Mine is with Lynbrook but if I remember right it cost me £400, maybe its my points and accidents :(

Is there any news on the club doing "Agreed Value" valuations?

Hmm just done a quick quote on confused, bearing in mind i'm 31, have never had a claim or conviction, been driving 13 years and have full no claims, on a N/A supra for classic insurance - £1207, which is 400 more than i pay now lol.

Neil. Ring Lynbrook, Purity 14 is paying less than me for his NA.

H.

Can you just use a limited mileage policy, thats what i have done, if so try LWIB as they are pretty good when it comes

to modded cars, my cars insured through them and im very happy with their service and price

I will look about properly in October before I buy the car on all the recommended sites I was just pretty chuffed with that quote even the admiral one isn't too bad!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to get my Supra on a classic car policy. Not going to plan at the moment. Sureterm direct's best quote is £1,580.52, Confused.com classic was one of two choices. £1826.32 or £9439.92!!!

I'm 33, 13 years driving 0 NCB as I'm using 9 on my Celica commuter. Live in a good area, limited mileage of 3000 miles, garaged when not in use. Will speak with Lynbrook tomorrow.

Car is slightly non standard. Different alloys, front lip, rear wing, change of paint and er... a 4.0 V8. Adrian Flux are offering £580 at the moment. Everything TPFT.