The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast 5 DVD Promotion Santapod 7th/8th July

JamieP

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home now, after I see mark Newman break his stock prop I never wanted to do the same to mine so gave up, I never ran the car after lunch, I'm just going to unload the car, also need need to think up some excuses why I never ran a 9 and I will be back, should have a video or two.

Had such a laugh at this today, who knew drag racing could be such fun! Cant wait to come to suprapod with something a bit faster than the old mustang. Sucks that you didnt manage a 9 Jamie, hopefully at the pod eh? :) Was good to meet some more people from the forum today, Pistonbroke, Jamie, Mark newman and Ryan G. I am continuallly pleasantly surprised by how most people here are geniunely nice blokes. I havent met a single nob so far, long may it continue! Roll on suprapod with my new sup!!

surely this car can run a 9?

Gutted for Mark, he dont seem to be having much luck with this drag stuff...

Jamie's car will do a 9 easy with a proper launch. Poor old Mark yes, it'll be bomb proof soon though once he has broken everything and uprated it all. Carbon prop coming soon...

surely this car can run a 9?

Gutted for Mark, he dont seem to be having much luck with this drag stuff...

I could gve you all the excuses in the world Rob but at the end of the day i could not do it, First run felt good, small burnout, got a lot of wheel spin off the line but still did a respectable 10.4@143mph.

I thought to myself i have got this in the bag easy, how wrong was I!

Second run, massive burnout, hit it hard and it bogged badly, Ryan suggested trying the launch control out, i hated that tbh, every time it just bogged down, i stuck with it but it just bogged again and again, i was doing 2.5 60fts, i hate driver aids and i could just not get use to it.

Then just before lunch Marks boy killed his prop, it just put me off trying any further tbh, i had some food, packed up and went home.

Ive got a few things i want to change now, good test day for suprapod.

Dont get me wrong, Im still over the moon with my new personal best, I drove there, did a 10.4@143mph and drove home again, How many uk supras do you know that can do that?, I WILL BE BACK ;)

See u there tomoro J ;)

Yes mate, i will be there, im not taking the drag wheels though.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)