The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast 5 DVD Promotion Santapod 7th/8th July

JamieP

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS...noooo!!!! How can it change from being so good today to so sh!t within a few days :mad:

The good news is James that the forcast is the same today and its roasting at the Pod, Tommy has gone for retro show and its boiling, forcast was for rain, either way im still leaving weds afternoon.

I hope the weather is ok, perfect shakedown for suprapod, im doing some research and i dont think these 9's are going to be easy with my spec, might need Nitrous and full on drag slicks to do it.

Why drag slicks dude ??? I reckon you will run in the 9's straight off but the nitrous will really wake it up.

Yanks seem to get a lot better times with drag slicks than radials, will see what happens, only a few days to go now, well excited.

Ive put this up about 4 times now in the arguments about fastest street legal cars, I spoke to Titan and they said the only reason they run a slick is to stop things breaking on the drag strip the slick is kinder to the car as it has more movement in the sidewall, I think the fastest time on a DR is a high 6 in the states (don't know what car) also at proper meetings 2nd hand slicks are cheap and easy to get.

Fingers crossed you are right mate, hope my new prop turns up in time or im not gonna hit it to hard off the line, need to drive the thing home.

OK JP, as I know you actually do know how to drive this car my predictions are

Prop fitted.............................. 9.7 @ 152 mph

Stock prop ............................10.1 @ 152 mph

Lets hope the prop turns up I'd love to see it driven as hard as I know you want too:eyebrows:

Lol, pressure is on:d

I will be over the moon with a 9.7.

Just reading a thread on supraforums.

Reid with a billet GT42-72 at 2 bar on E85 and nitrous, skinnys and drag slicks, good 1.5 60ft got a 10.1 at 144mph best.

Lol, pressure is on:d

I will be over the moon with a 9.7.

Just reading a thread on supraforums.

Reid with a billet GT42-72 at 2 bar on E85 and nitrous, skinnys and drag slicks, good 1.5 60ft got a 10.1 at 144mph best.

JP that does not add up the terminal would prob suggest about 850-900 hp you made more on road fuel !!!! Plus a 1.5 60ft and his spec should easily have been in the 9's unless he cant drive, I still say your car is easily a 9 sec car, so to me that means it will run under a 9.8 after you get used to it, with a little sniff I reckon very low 9's especially if you go race fuel and 2.5 bar

JP that does not add up the terminal would prob suggest about 850-900 hp you made more on road fuel !!!! Plus a 1.5 60ft and his spec should easily have been in the 9's unless he cant drive, I still say your car is easily a 9 sec car, so to me that means it will run under a 9.8 after you get used to it, with a little sniff I reckon very low 9's especially if you go race fuel and 2.5 bar

I dunno what hp he is, seems well into his drag racing though, works at sound performance.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?638918-Reid-s-supra-runs-a-10.09

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I really hope u do it!! Save it for Friday so i can watch eh ;)

Depends how much mapping we get done tomorrow at TDI and wether we get the nitrous set up, if the nitrous goes well there is no reason it wont run in the 8's.