The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast 5 DVD Promotion Santapod 7th/8th July

JamieP

Quite happy myself, I did an 11.5 in full circuit spec, ie race dampers(hard), R888 tyres, BGW with gurney flap and a fat passenger! Plenty of excuses there J, you get good at them after a while! Wheel spinning all the way through 2nd gear so not to bad a time anyway. 3 runs was enough for me though, I had to go and find some bends after that. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy myself, I did an 11.5 in full circuit spec, ie race dampers(hard), R888 tyres, BGW with gurney flap and a fat passenger! Plenty of excuses there J, you get good at them after a while! Wheel spinning all the way through 2nd gear so not to bad a time anyway. 3 runs was enough for me though, I had to go and find some bends after that. :)

Out of interest, what was the MPH on your 11.5 run Paul?

Out of interest, what was the MPH on your 11.5 run Paul?

I think someone said 136, I didn't pick my timing slips up so dont know exactly. A few years back when the car had 3.4 stroker and GT42RS turbo it did an 11.2 with 148mph terminal, god knows what power my car was putting out back then!

No doubt there'll be a nine there for you at suprapod JP. Probably take a few runs till it all comes together.

Paul, that was a great terminal @ 148. Must have had over 1000 fly easily

I was driving it like that in Time Attack, no wonder it was fast down the straights!

Who is going tomorrow? i think its going to be a better day for the media and cars, Universal have asked me to be the main video car tomorrow.

Wicked day out. Absolutely gutted for Mark, but he was due a new prop anyway apparently, so this just means he's upgrading a little sooner than expected.

I have the 10.4 run on video.....uploading now.

Cant wait to see that, stick in the thread with the other run please mate.

Had such a laugh at this today, who knew drag racing could be such fun! Cant wait to come to suprapod with something a bit faster than the old mustang. Sucks that you didnt manage a 9 Jamie, hopefully at the pod eh? :) Was good to meet some more people from the forum today, Pistonbroke, Jamie, Mark newman and Ryan G. I am continuallly pleasantly surprised by how most people here are geniunely nice blokes. I havent met a single nob so far, long may it continue! Roll on suprapod with my new sup!!

That's a beautiful car you have there matey, I have a video uploading with you and me going head to head :D

Home now, after I see mark Newman break his stock prop I never wanted to do the same to mine so gave up, I never ran the car after lunch, I'm just going to unload the car, also need need to think up some excuses why I never ran a 9 and I will be back, should have a video or two.

No need for excuses JP, drag racing is not as easy as people think, the car will run 9's there is no doubt about that but to run like that you prob need to make some adjustments, I would for a start make all the shocks as soft as poss, disconect the front ARB and run 11 psi in the rear DR's no more, I run 8-9 in mine the rest is just practice and fiding how the car likes to be driven and lastly this is why I always trailer my car, if you drive it to the track you will always hold back, had you let rip today it would prob have run the 9. What diff were the bogging launches to the first run ????

No need for excuses JP, drag racing is not as easy as people think, the car will run 9's there is no doubt about that but to run like that you prob need to make some adjustments, I would for a start make all the shocks as soft as poss, disconect the front ARB and run 11 psi in the rear DR's no more, I run 8-9 in mine the rest is just practice and fiding how the car likes to be driven and lastly this is why I always trailer my car, if you drive it to the track you will always hold back, had you let rip today it would prob have run the 9. What diff were the bogging launches to the first run ????

Yeah mate, i know you are right, you coming down tomorrow? lost me with that last bit dude?

JP I meant how were you launching differently to make the car bog, the launch in the DVD looks pretty good but the mistake you are making is dumping the clutch, the quick cars in the states are running clutches like the tilto so they can slip them PAST the 60ft, I slip mine quite a lot, you need to get the 1 piece prop and we need to get some video footage in HD to see whats happening and compare to the datalogs off the syvecs, its then pretty easy to see how you need to change the way you launch or something on the car, the 26's is one way to go but thats not addressing the problem, the car has the power to turn the 28, if you get that sussed then everytime it turns the car goes about 1 ft further than it would on 26's !!!!! Drag racing#s real easy according to some!!! JP between us we can easily get the car running how you want but if your not used to it then it can be tricky.

I just told it as it was, some chav stole my car, run it down the strip and give me it back broke. That would be my son

Ive got a prop you can borrow to keep the car mobile, that way you can get it down so we can sort the clutch. Tommy says the instructions say the biting point is very low, we will have to change the clutch fluid to something more heat resistant.

JP I meant how were you launching differently to make the car bog, the launch in the DVD looks pretty good but the mistake you are making is dumping the clutch, the quick cars in the states are running clutches like the tilto so they can slip them PAST the 60ft, I slip mine quite a lot, you need to get the 1 piece prop and we need to get some video footage in HD to see whats happening and compare to the datalogs off the syvecs, its then pretty easy to see how you need to change the way you launch or something on the car, the 26's is one way to go but thats not addressing the problem, the car has the power to turn the 28, if you get that sussed then everytime it turns the car goes about 1 ft further than it would on 26's !!!!! Drag racing#s real easy according to some!!! JP between us we can easily get the car running how you want but if your not used to it then it can be tricky.

I see what you mean, on the first run i was brand new cold tyres, very small 1st gear burnout, i got lots of wheel spin, watch the video again and what looks like a gear change is me letting off in 1st to gain traction and putting my foot down again, rest of the day with bigger burnouts i got plenty of traction but just bogged down each time, i know i will get there, just needs a bit testing to get the right setup for me.

I see what you mean, on the first run i was brand new cold tyres, very small 1st gear burnout, i got lots of wheel spin, watch the video again and what looks like a gear change is me letting off in 1st to gain traction and putting my foot down again, rest of the day with bigger burnouts i got plenty of traction but just bogged down each time, i know i will get there, just needs a bit testing to get the right setup for me.

Either way JP the car is awesome, making a car run 10/9's is actually very easy, making a car like yours run 9's and drive well on the road, cruise at over 150mph, have the midrange to destroy 1000cc bikes, have a top speed of well over 200mph and handle well enough to do a track day is not easy at all !!!