The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler Change and the reason your TRD spoiler is not as light as you may think.

monsween

Haha, that's a serious amount of water!

FWIW I think the stock spoiler looks far better... spoilerless looks nice, but it looks slightly out of proportion for some reason, I can't put my finger on why. Either way, definitely stock rear spoiler, massive improvement in my opinion :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer stock, but when my spoiler was off while having a damn good clean, I was really impressed with the agressiveness look of the car.

If I was you, I would fill the little square locator holes properly, then get some grommets for the main fixings holes, and when you fancy a change you can go stock/spoilerless, and not ruin anything in the process.

The amount of water you had there was unreal! :blink:

The same amount was in the other upright!

Really?!

Dear!!! That's terrible :(

More reason so stay with a stock wing monsween ;)

Good to see you back on the forum! You've been away a while.

Took a couple more on the phone in the light. I'm really liking the stock wing look for now :)

Ah man I know exactly what you're going through..

I've currently for the first time have a supra with a full carbon trd spoiler, and I've had 2 stock and and 2 spoiler less supras before and now finally gone for the TRD but I cant decide between the trd or spoiler-less.

I personally think the only prob with the trd is when looking at it from the rear it seems a little too high up from the boot lid for my liking, other angles it looks slick.

I'm torn between all three.

Edited by ray007 (see edit history)

Good to see you back on the forum! You've been away a while.

Took a couple more on the phone in the light. I'm really liking the stock wing look for now :)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/monsween/e3067627.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/monsween/7ed0e821.jpg

Thanks Monsween, yeah has been a while since I've been on here as I was a bit demoralised after losing the Supra...but, I'm in the middle of buying another one and

I thought I would go on a bit of a posting binge to catch up on lost time ;) :D

Good! Stay with the stock look wing, she looks great :)

I've been thinking the same sort of thing myself about spoilers.

If it’s just for looks then this is very subjective. I have bought a car with a TRD spoiler which is a bit big for me. I love the standard spoiler too, but am thinking I may go spoiler less or get an Abflug S900 spoiler/boot lip if this is possible as I've always liked that rear and have the bumper already.

What I don't know much about though is performance improvements from a spoiler? (no car expert here) I thought the purpose of a spoiler was to produce down force on the car to give it more traction or something when turning at high speeds. If so how do these things perform, as they must weigh a fair few KG's I’d want some returns to justify having one. Also when do you need one? I don’t intend to do any serious racing, maybe some drag runs and a little track, but mainly just normal road driving.

Looking at my TRD spoiler, I’m thinking it might be just for looks, so may just loose it for now.

Anyone got a better understanding of this?

i think it looks better with the stock spoiler , both look good but the stock one is better , and if you have the stock one on the car , then thats one less chance of a gimp in a vauxhall trying to aquire one for his piece of monkey crap !!!!!

I went through this phase, I bought the trd rod millen spoiler 3 times and sold it. After losing money and buying the 4th time I decided the trd best suited my car due to the kit, the stock really suits your car as there is no kit.

I went through this phase, I bought the trd rod millen spoiler 3 times and sold it. After losing money and buying the 4th time I decided the trd best suited my car due to the kit, the stock really suits your car as there is no kit.

After speaking at length in the pub last night with Marc I'm thinking stock spoiler with ridox skirts and lowered. Once that's done all i need is a carbon active spoiler and its game over :)